Complete your Spanish language intensive course with a work placement.
During your language course you will receive orientation and help towards the preparation of the position you will fill in a local company.
The work experience programme is designed to prepare you for working in the Spanish business world.
Depending on your previous knowledge of the language, you may choose from either 4, 8 or 13 weeks of Spanish courses (Intensive 20) which will provide you with a strong language base and the knowledge you need to confidently complete your choice of either a 13 week or 26 week internship in a Spanish company.
You will have 4 lessons a day to improve your general Spanish skills and 2 special modules which will focus on vocabulary for the business world and elaborating your Curriculum Vitae in Spanish and perfecting the job interview in Spanish. The four week course option does not contain these two specialised modules.
Towards the end of the Spanish courses, you will have at least 3 job interviews (2 job interviews with the 4 week course) with local companies to determine where you will do the internship. The interviews will be arranged by the school with companies that relate as much as possible to your past experience.
- Monday through Friday: from 9.30 to 11.00 & from 11.30 to 13.00
- 2 modules designed to prepare you for your internship (8 and 13 week course only)
- In the 1st module you will work on preparing your CV (résumé), the presentation letter and an introduction to the Spanish business world
- In the 2nd module you will practice and prepare for your job interviews
- Normally the internship schedule is between 8.00 and 20.00
- Depending on the company and the interests of the student, the internship will consist of 4, 6 or 8 hour days.
Below you will find some of the latest internship placements available.
We currently have internship placements available in a 3 star and a 4 star hotel. Both internships involve helping the receptionist with bookings, attending to both the phone and personal customer service needs, and carrying out other necessary tasks vital to the management of the hotel reception.
Foreign Trade Assistant
You will work for the Association of Spanish Manufacturers of Tools and Accessories for Machine Tools. They help their representatives with import-export. You will do administrative tasks and help organise the World Cutting Tool Conference.
You will work for a Spanish radio / television station answering the phone, attending to visitors and guests, and fulfilling basic administrative tasks. The position does not require any specific skills except a desire to learn!