Volunteer in Argentina with Expanish
We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities in Buenos Aires, including community projects, teaching English and working with children or senior citizens. Our Volunteer and Spanish programs are an excellent way to learn Spanish whilst supporting community projects.
Argentina has faced various degrees of financial challenges since the economic breakdown in 2001, in particular a rise in poverty and lack of funding in education, public services and community aid. As a result, various organizations have stepped up the challenge and are working hard to develop programs that focus on these areas.
Despite its challenges, Buenos Aires, Argentina’s beautiful capital city, is a city rich in both Latino and European culture. From the lively streets of La Boca to chic Riverside Puerto Madero to the Tango inspired and bohemian San Telmo, Buenos Aires offers an ideal environment to enjoy yourself while taking part in meaningful volunteer projects.
- There are opportunities available for beginner Spanish speakers (anyone who has two weeks of Intensive Spanish)
- All projects are situated in the Buenos Aires capital or the province have an average commute time of one hour (maximum of two hours) from the Expanish Spanish School
- Placements generally take place in the afternoons during week days but there are exceptions that take place at weekends and in the mornings.
- Volunteers can expect to work for an average of 15 hours per week (more hours available)
- The volunteer orientation will be on the Friday after their Spanish course finishes at 2.30pm. Volunteers will be accompanied to their volunteer program the following Monday or Tuesday by an Expanish coordinator
- Registration fee
- Volunteer placement (2 week – 6 month placement)
- Donation to host organization
- Accompaniment to placement on the first day
- Health and safety information
- Orientation to Buenos Aires and your placement
- Pre-Arrival advising and trip preparation pack
- Welcome pack
- Weekly cultural and social activities
- 24/7 Emergency support
- Optional weekend excursions
- Placement certificate
- Homestay (Single room, half-board)
- Shared apartment (shared bedroom, kitchen and bathroom)