Embassy CES – San Francisco
Embassy offers English language training to over 30,000 students in 22 locations across the USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
With nearly 40 years’ experience, Embassy is one of the world’s premier English language training institutes.
All courses are designed for practical results, whether measurably improved fluency, formal independent qualifications and certificates or English for entry into university.
Courses include short-term general English, one-year academic programs, preparation for English language examinations, and pathway programs for students who want to pursue further education courses at English-speaking universities.
Embassy has been recognized for its use of innovative technologies to improve the classroom learning experience, which includes interactive whiteboards in every school.
The English Course in San Francisco Consists of:
- General English Course in San Francisco : 20 lessons of 50 minutes
Intensive English Course in San Francisco: 28 lessons of 50 minutes
- Up to a maximum of 15 students per class (Average: 12 students)
- Students with some level of English will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced English teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the English School in San Fracisco
**Special discounts for students of certain nationalities exist.
- English course in San Francisco plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Internet use at the English school in San Francisco
- Course certificate
- Level evaluation
- Course materials
- Registration fees: $160
- Accommodation placement fee: n/a
- Airport transfer fee: $308 – Round-trip
- Homestay single July 1 – Spt 29 = Add $28 per week
- Homestay single Christmas and New Year (w/c Dec 24 & w/c Dec 31) = Add $100 per week
Our school location
San Francisco is one of the most beautiful locations in the United States, and is located in Northern California on a peninsula 49 square miles in size. It offers a cosmopolitan cultural lifestyle with a leisurely pace. It is a great city to see by foot or by cable car.
San Francisco’s reputation for world-class arts and culture started with the Gold Rush over a century ago, and continues today throughout the Bay Area with many famous museums, opera, renowned theatre, performing arts, and vibrant artist communities. Computer buffs will especially enjoy the handful of technical museums unique to Silicon Valley.
San Francisco is located on the West Coast of the United States in Northern California.
Directly across the signature Golden Gate Bridge is Marin County with its charming towns, mountains and state parks. Silicon Valley and the University of California at Berkeley are also within commuting distance. Students may take advantage of day trips to Napa Valley wineries, Monterey, Carmel, Yosemite Park or Redwood National Parks.
Information about your school facilities
- Located in a unique, flat-iron building dating from 1903, in the heart of downtown San Francisco
- 1 minute walk from Union Square which is famous for restaurants, shops, cinemas and local entertainment.
- Computer centre
- 14 modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Student lounge area
- Wireless and internet e-mail access
- Modern study-center
- IT Suite
- Full Activities Program
- University counseling
View location on Google maps:
- Languages Canada
- British Council
- English Australia
- English UK
Course information and details
The intensive course includes 20 lessons on General English plus 8 electives of your choice.
San Francisco Center works with several student residential providers in the city.
There is a manager on duty at each of the residences, and check-in begins at 15:00.
The majority of our residencies are shared bedrooms with desk but single rooms are also available upon request.
Linen and towels are provided, the bathrooms and toilets are shared, there are public telephones and Internet access, free access to residential common room areas, 24 hour security, meals (The Kenmore and Monroe offer half board and the Vantagio offers breakfast only). All rooms are equipped with a microwave oven & refrigerator.
There is a common kitchen facility and basic utensils. The Golden Gate does not offer any meals.
All residences are located near a “Laundromat”; self-service is approximately $2.50 per load.
In San Francisco our Homestay households are all within 45 minutes’ travel by bus or bike from the school.