French school in Switzerland
SUMMER SCHOOL IN SWITZERLAND – INTENSIVE FRENCH COURSES FOR CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS
Chantemerle is an international boarding school for boys and girls ages 6 to 16. The school is located near the village of Blonay, overlooking Lake Geneva.
Chantemerle Summer School celebrates its 45th anniversary this year. The courses are very popular and many students return year after year to improve their language skills, have fun and share memorable experiences.
DATES AND FEES
Contact our staff for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages
Chantemerle is recognized by AVDEP and FSEP and recognised by the Swiss Department of Education. In 2009, the school was accredited ISO 9001:2000 quality label.
Chantemerle proposes a structured and formal language teaching method in French (DELF) and English (Cambridge).
INTENSIVE FRENCH AND ENGLISH COURSES
During the summer, language courses are offered from 0900 to 13h00 from Monday to Saturday:
- French (FLE/ DELF)
- English (Cambridge/ESOL)
A structured and formal approach for development of oral, reading and writing skills is proposed.
Small class sizes and experienced teachers allow students to make rapid improvements and gain confidence. Evaluation tests are taken on a weekly basis to assess each student’s progress.
REASONS TO CHOOSE CHANTEMERLE
- A unique campus atmosphere with full board facilities
- Individual attention and small class sizes
- DELF/FLE and Cambridge teaching methods with weekly evaluation tests
- A dynamic team of highly qualified and motivated teachers
- Sports and cultural activities in the afternoon, evenings and weekends
- Round the clock supervision by an experienced team
- Exceptional location in the country side overlooking lake Geneva
- Prices are all inclusive (course, accommodation and activities, transportation)
- Extra costs are only for pocket money, medical care and private courses
- There are no hidden costs.
- Chantemerle offers therefore great value for money
SPORTS AND CULTURAL ACTIVITIES
- Sports, Nature & Fun
- Arts & crafts workshop
- Visits and excursions
- 2-day trips to Basel and EUROPA-PARK
- Circus and talent show
- Overnight and outdoor adventure
One doesn’t stop learning after school. Activities at Chantemerle are entertaining. Various educational ways engage children physically and keep their curious minds working when they’re not in the classroom.
Afternoons, evenings and weekends are dedicated to sports, fun and cultural visits:
- Local museums, UN Geneva, Bex salt mines
- Jazz festival in Montreux (accompanied)
- Chocolate factory, Gruyère castle
- Multiple sport activities and games on campus, e.g. tennis, football, basketball, volleyball, archery, martial arts,
- Nature walks and picnics / Boat trips / minigolf / Adventure parks, swimming
- 2 day overnight trip to Europa Park (Germany) and Basel
Chantemerle is a chalet-style campus beautifully located on 3 acres of land of forest with views on Lake Geneva and the Alps.
Most students are full board students, however we also welcome day students. Chantemerle can accommodate about 65 children;
- Primary section: 5-12 years accommodated in rooms with 3-4 beds
- Secondary section: 13-16 years: studios en-suite with 2-3 beds
Boarding services (included in fees) include comfortable rooms and laundry services. A newly equipped kitchen provides 3 delicious and balanced meals a day aligned with the label “fourchette verte”.
A STUDENTS’ FIRST DAY
Each student is met personally and welcomed when they arrive at Chantermerle. Special requests and attention is addressed upon the child’s arrival.
On the first day, all students complete a placement test to determine their current level of French or English. They will then attend an introduction where they meet other new students and key staff members.
Students are then placed in a class at an appropriate level. All of the teachers are University graduates with FLE or Cambridge qualifications to teach French or English as a foreign language. Many of the teachers have built up extensive experience over the years teaching both in Switzerland and in other countries. Each teacher has been trained to understand the individual learning needs of participants.
- The lessons are prepared carefully and use a wide variety of materials to make the lessons as student friendly and interesting as possible.
- Private lessons such as piano and tennis are available depending on demand.
- Teaching facilities include 8 spacious and light classrooms well equipped with modern teaching materials. A computer room is also available.