With 40 years’ experience, Malaca Instituto is one of the longest established Spanish language schools and has an enviable reputation within the language school sector.
Mini-campus – everything on-site: compared with other language schools in Spain we have quite extensive facilities comprising:
- 102 bedrooms: standard single, twin, triple, Executive rooms and Executive Studios all with en-suite facilities
- 25 classrooms all with audio/visual facilities
- large-screen video evenings
- dance studio
- multi-activities room
- swimming pool
- 3 terraces and gardens
- full bar
As a result our students tend to hang around on campus creating the very friendly and multi-cultural environment for which we are famous.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
- General Spanish Language Course, 20 or 30 lessons per week (50 minutes per lesson), 10 student max. per group
- Prices includes course, all registration fees, course materials, level assessment upon arrival, certificate upon completion of course.
|Number of weeks:||2||3||4||6||8||12|
|Intensive Course + Homestay Accommodation*||€ 917||€ 1,303||€ 1,651||€ 2,382||€ 3,112||€ 4,572|
|Intensive Course + Residence Accommodation**||€ 900||€ 1,293||€ 1,678||€ 2,423||€ 3,167||€ 4,655|
|Intensive Course w/o Accommodation||€ 447||€ 623||€ 791||€ 1,102||€ 1,412||€ 2,032|
|Super-Intensive Course + Homestay Accommodation*||€ 1,088||€ 1,536||€ 1,952||€ 2,840||€ 3,719||€ 5,475|
|Super-Intensive Course + Residence Accommodation**||€ 1,071||€ 1,526||€ 1,979||€ 2,881||€ 3,774||€ 5,558|
|Super-Intensive Course w/o Accommodation||€ 618||€ 856||€ 1,092||€ 1,560||€ 2,019||€ 2,935|
- School website: http://www.malacainstituto.com/
- Email address for direct inquiries: email@example.com
- Telephone: + 34 95 229 32 42
C/ Cortada, 6 – Cerrado de Calderón, E-29018 Málaga (Spain)
Total Quality: Malaca Instituto has an average ratio of 1 staff member for every 3 students. We have 5 Director-level staff. This is extremely unusual and helps us in our aim towards total quality. This means that your clients feel themselves extremely well-looked after.
R&D department: an academic department which produces most of our text books and other teaching materials – given sufficient warning we can create tailor-made materials – extremely unusual for a single private language school!
Quality guarantees: the inspections by EAQUALS, IALC, Instituto Cervantes are the students guarantee of our high standards and that we do what we say we do in our publicity literature.
The City of Malaga: we make full use of this historic, Mediterranean city to create stimulating, educational and sporting programmes of activities: eg.
- Guided visits to the Picasso art gallery
- Tours of the Alcazaba (Arabic palace) and Gibralfaro (castle)
- Dance activities, sports on the beach….
- Cookery lessons and tapas tours……
Star Award, Spanish school (worldwide) 2007, 2009 & 2010: we are very proud to have recently been awarded the Star Award for School of Spanish at the LTM (Language Travel Magazine) gala event for the language school industry. This is particularly pleasing as it was voted for by the people who know more about the schools than anyone else – the study abroad agents!
Malaga – real Spain, an ideal place to learn Spanish
Malaga, situated on the southern coast of Spain, is an increasingly popular choice as a place to study Spanish.
It is an historic Mediterranean city with an interesting architectural heritage and flourishing cultural tradition.
Despite its connection to the Costa de Sol, Malaga is not a tourist city. The people you will meet in Malaga are Spaniards, enjoying their beaches, bars and restaurants, at their prices!
With its international airport and modern motorway network Malaga is easy to get to and perfectly located for visiting other cities of Andalucía such as Granada, Sevilla, Cádiz, Nerja, etc. and even a weekend escape into Africa!
Our standard general Spanish course, provided at all levels from complete beginner to advanced.
The level test on the first day ensures that you are placed in a class at your specific level. There are a minimum of 6 main levels and often 15 or more.
This course is designed to enable you to rapidly improve your ability to communicate in general Spanish. It covers all aspects of the Spanish language at your level.
As you progress to higher levels, elements of Spanish culture and general knowledge about Spain are introduced as appropriate.
You may choose 20 or 30 lessons per week. 20 lessons form the standard course with a maximum of 10 students per class. The extra 10 lessons are focused on oral communication skills and are in reduced class sizes of 6 students to enable maximum participation.
- Timetable: 20 lessons: 8.30 – 12.30 or 16.00 – 20.00 (subject to change) oral communication skills: 12.40 – 14.30
- Max. students per class: 10 for General Spanish, 6 for extra oral communication lessons
- Avg. age range: 20 – 50
The Club Hispánico is in the same building as the school and forms part of our mini-campus. It is probably the most popular school residence in a School of Spanish in Spain and is one of our main distinguishing features.
It is the ideal accommodation for those students who want to be at the centre of everything, either from the point of view of social contact or for the convenience of living where you are also studying.
Club Hispánico offers standard single rooms, twin and triple rooms.
Our mini-campus offers a very special environment and everything you need as a student can be found in your immediate surroundings:
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere that is naturally created when educated people from all over the world enjoy living together and getting to know each other.
- A supportive environment provided not only by our teachers but by all our staff: receptionists, the activities department, chefs and bar staff, chamber maids, gardeners …… we have 45 employees dedicated to providing a quality environment for our overseas students – living on-site you have the maximum contact with them.
You can dedicate your time to your studies as all the facilities are close at hand: the classrooms, the Multi-media Study Centre, the student lounge, the conference rooms etc.
Excellent communications systems: direct dial phones in all rooms. Wi-fi in practically all parts of the grounds and buildings (terraces, lounges, bar, bedrooms, etc), computers with free broadband in the Study Centre and Student Lounge.
The 24 hour reception (a member of staff is on duty 24 hours, 7 days a week) provides a high degree of security for our guests and allows them constant access to our staff. This is also our emergency contact point for all our students in Málaga.
In the reception area you can also make use of the following services:
- Reconfirmation of flights
- Hire car rentals
- Instructions on how to use the self service laundry
- Rent a TV, fridge etc
- Ask for information about bus and train times, opening times of museums, art galleries, recommendations of bars and restaurants etc.
To put you in the right frame of mind for studying you can first relax by the pool or on the terrace, making the most of the fabulous Mediterranean climate of the south of Spain – not to mention enjoying a cool beer or a glass of rioja.
All our host families have been selected according to our specific criteria and visited by our staff. The majority have been receiving our students for many years and therefore have a great deal of experience in dealing with the problems that can arise when cultures come face to face.
They have also successfully passed the most important test – they continue to receive a high satisfaction grading in the special questionnaires we ask our students to complete concerning their stay in the host family.
When selecting the right host family for you our staff can take into account specific requests such as:
- Vegetarian and other diets
- Families with or without family members at home
- With or without pets
- No smoking families
You can choose a single room or to share a twin room with another student. (single room included)
The accommodation is on a half-board basis which usually consists of a light, “continental” breakfast and a substantial lunch. An evening meal can sometimes be offered instead of lunch by arrangement with the family. However you should remember that lunch is traditionally the main meal of the day and the moment when the family tends to get together – your best chance to practise your Spanish!
The host family will be happy to wash your clothes for you and have the right to charge a reasonable amount for this service . On the other hand you might prefer to use the self-service laundry in the Club Hispánico.
By choosing to stay in a host family you will benefit from the maximum level of contact with day-to-day Spanish as spoken by a typical family and a unique insight into the Spanish way of life.
If you have any special preferences you must state these at the time of booking. Please understand if we are not always able to meet all your preferences especially if your booking is made at the last moment.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance