Learn to Speak a Language
Visit our Spanish School in Cadiz
Why K2 internacional?
Study Spanish in the historic old town of Cádiz with its local amenities close by: 2 minute walk to the park, 5 minutes to the beach and very close to the train station and bus terminal. Our school faculty is also surrounded by many squares (plazas), coffee shops, bars, libraries and other sites of interest…
The school is located in a three-storey, newly-renovated historical building dating from the 19th century, which has kept up its warm and enchanting atmosphere.
Its 7 comfortable classrooms are fully equipped and there is a computer room with free Internet access (Wi-Fi), earphones, microphones and webcams.
Don’t miss out on our beautiful terrace! An idyllic place to read, surf the net, get to know other students or listen to music while you enjoy one of our delicious paellas.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
Our location – View school location on a map!
- The best part of the city. Our Spanish school in Cadiz is located at one of the most important and most central squares: The Plaza del Mentidero, built in 1755. There you can have a delicious breakfast or Tapas on the terrace of one of the many bars surrounding the square, while you enjoy the fantastic weather, the sound of the fountain, the odour of the plants and the calming and relaxing rhythm of the city.
- Only 5 minutes away from the beach and the shopping malls.
- A 10 minute walk to the train and bus station from where you can easily travel to places like Seville, Málaga, Jerez and Morocco.
- Very close to your accommodation so that you are not dependent on public transport to get to your school.
Arriving to Cadiz is a breeze!
Getting to our beautiful city has never been easier! There is a multitude of options that you can choose from, fly from Madrid to Jerez, Seville or Malaga with easy transfers to and from Cadiz!
Alternatively there is a direct train service from Madrid to Cadiz! When arranging your stay here with us our friendly and professional staff will help you to organize the best way to get to us!
Why choose to study Spanish at our Spanish school in Cadiz?
- Cádiz is the oldest city in the west (1100 B.C.). Walk around the elegant squares, soaking up the atmosphere of the city and relax.
- 10 Km of fine sand…enough for everyone! Famous for it´s BBQ mile and its screenings of international films at the beaches in summer!
- If culture is your thing…you will find a great variety of museums, monuments, churches and theatres here in Cádiz.
- Grab your costume and enter the unique Carnival atmosphere for two weeks, once a year.
- Weather: The average temperature in Cádiz is 19 ºC, and the city enjoys 3200 hours of sun per year.
- Los Gaditanos: the people of Cádiz. It´s a small town: 150.000 inhabitants. 90% of the Gaditanos do no speak any other language…which is good for practising Spanish!
- The food: Stroll around the market, enjoy the range of sea food, churro fritters or perhaps some tapas or elegant dinner in a traditional restaurant.
General Spanish Courses are the most common courses chosen by students who stay between 1 and 12 weeks.
- Number of lessons per week: Standard (20), Intensive (25)
- Levels: All levels, from Beginners (A1) to Superior (C2)
- This courses are available for all levels, from Beginners to the most Advanced
The course price includes:
- Language course
- Matriculation costs
- Student brochure containing useful information on the school and city.
- Welcome breakfast.
- Accommodation costs (In the city centre no more than 15 minutes walk to the beach)
- Initial test of linguistic competence (Placement test).
- Rental of didactic materials.
- Certificate of attendance and level of competence achieved.
- Guided visit of the old historic town of the city.
- Free fax, mail and e-mail service.
- Language exchange with Spanish students.
- Free library access to borrow books, videos and music.
- Film showings… and much more.
Learn to speak a language – Course information
The Standard Course is available from the 1st of January until the 30th of June and from the 26th of September 2014. For the summer months you can go for the intensive Course
The Spanish Standard Course is appropriate for those students who would like to study Spanish for 4 to 12 weeks. You have 20 lessons per week including several cultural extracurricular activities such as a guided visit to the historic old town of Cadiz or for leisure the welcome fiestas.
The number of students per class has been reduced so that we can guarantee you personal attention. Teachers also take part in the extracurricular activities in order to strengthen the relationship between teacher and student.
Classes include: Grammar, vocabulary, expression and written and oral comprehension (conversation) and knowledge of Spanish language and culture. All classes are based on the active participation by students.
The Standard Course is available from the 1st of January until the 25th of June and from the 4th of October until the 17th of December 2010. For the summer months you can go for the Intensive Course.
- Intensive Course
The Intensive Course is designed for those students who wish to study Spanish or improve their level of Spanish in a short period of time as quickly and efficiently as possible. You have 25 lessons per week including several extracurricular cultural activities such as a guided tour of the historical old town of Cádiz, welcome fiestas, culture workshops,…
It follows the same structure as the Standard Course but you get one extra daily class (lasting 50 minutes) of oral expression and comprehension and aspects of the Spanish culture. The course is available all year around.
- Shared apartments
“It´s the best way to learn Spanish but also to meet people from all over the world. The students who share an apartment are not always in the same group so that it will be easier for you to get to know all the students of the class.”
“This type of accommodation is recommended to students who are used to living with people of different ages, tastes and interests. From day one you meet people with who you can go out and spend your time after class.”
There are usually 3-4 students in one apartment so we try to maintain a mix of nationalities.
In a shared apartment you have a room of your own and you share the living room, the kitchen and the bathroom with your roommates.
Apartments are fully furnished and equipped with all modern conveniences (TV, washing machine, etc.) and the price includes electricity, water and gas.
A contact person from the school will meet you at your apartment to hand you the keys, provide information on Cádiz, including a map and information on the school. He or she will also make sure that you are happy with your accommodation.
- Host families
Our host families do not speak any other languages, but they are used to accommodate students of all ages and from all over the world and we are sure you will find it easy to get along with them.
You will be on a half board meal plan
Your host family will meet you on arrival and, if necessary, they will accompany you to the school on your first day to help you familiarize yourself with the geography of Cádiz.
- High season: 06/30/14 – 09/2014
- Note: It’s necessary to leave a deposit of 150 € (payable in cash) upon arrival. The deposit shall be returned to the student at the end of the stay provided there are no damages to the apartment.
- The accommodation starts on Sunday before the first day of class (17:00) and ends on Saturday after the last day of class (12:00). If the student needs to arrive earlier or later, he needs to contact the person in charge.
- One week before the course starts, the person in charge of the accommodation will provide the students with the address and where they can pick up the keys.
- Students can rent towels and bed linen. Price: one-time 18 €. (Blankets are at the disposal of the students in every room, no need to pay)