At Lacunza IH San Sebastian we take pride in making sure that every small detail is taken care of and attended to make sure that you get the very best of our your time in San Sebastian as a Lacunza IH student.
San Sebastian offers so much for our students with its ideal combination of a great city surrounded by scenic beaches and picturesque mountains.
INTERNATIONAL HOUSE (IH):
IH is a world-wide organisation with 156 language schools in 52 countries.
Unlike other organisations, an IH affiliated school operates independently and has its own unique flavours but all are inspired by one common aim: the very highest standards in language education.
At our regular IH meetings, we exchange ideas and analyse the latest trends in methodology, internal training, management, teaching materials and more.
Our students get to benefit from this directly!
Prices for the Spanish School in San Sebastian
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Spanish course in San Sebastian plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the Spanish school in San Sebastian
San Sebastian plays host to important musical and cinematic events on the global stage such as the Jazzaldia Jazz Festival, Zinemaldia International Film Festival and Musical Fortnight as well as countless local festivals such as Semana Grande, Carnival, San Sebastian Day and Cider Day.
Additionally, the city’s outstanding reputation for world class cuisine means that your taste buds will be truly tantalized during your stay whether you’re eating a pintxo, enjoying a menu del día in a sunny terrace or a traditional dinner in a Basque Cider House.
San Sebastian at a glance:
- Population: 183,000
- University students: 18,000
- Voted as the BEST tourist destination in Spain: 2011
- European Cultural Capital: 2016
- Museums: more than 12
- Parks & Green Areas: more than 10
SPANISH COURSES CONSIST OF:
- Up to a maximum of 12 students per class (average: 8 students)
- Free tutorials once a week for students needing extra help
- Highly qualified, experienced Spanish teachers who are native speakers
- Full activities program with year round Social Coordinator
- FREE city tour of San Sebastian on Monday afternoon
- Student Discount card for over 30 local shops, bars and restaurants
- FREE access to Spanish novels, DVDs and videos
- One-to-one or group language exchange with local Spanish speakers
- Students with some level of Spanish will be able to start any Monday
- Complete beginners can normally start on the 1st Monday of each month
Our school premises are located next to a large park and are a 5min walk to the city center or a 10min walk to the beach.
The premises are specifically built for a language school and are located in a recently furbished building.
The neighborhood features a number of bars, cafes and banks.
Whether in classes, our outdoor terrace, spacious reception area or social break area, Lacunza IH is a meeting place for international students to learn and immerse themselves in Spanish.
Our modern and purpose built facilities ensure a comfortable studying environment:
- Spacious open air terrace with snacks, coffee and drink machines.
- Large reception with sofas and notice boards.
- Social area and a library with graded reading books, guide books, magazines and newspapers.
- 18 ample sized classrooms with ozone friendly, reverse cycle air-conditioning.
- HIFI sound system in all classrooms.
- Interactive whiteboards in selected classrooms.
- Multimedia room where students can brush up on their Spanish by watching a film or TV series.
- 8 computers with FREE internet access and FREE WiFi connection.
- 6 toilets plus a toilet for the handicapped.
- 4 parking spaces (available to rent).
- INTERNATIONAL HOUSE: Member of the International House worldwide organization since 1976. Last inspection: 2012.
- INSTITUTO CERVANTES: Part of the network of Centros Acreditados del Instituto Cervantes since July 2002. In 2007, we were awarded the Dictamen de Calidad en la Enseñanza de Español del Instituto Cervantes. As we are an official DELE exam center, our students can do our DELE exam preparation course and then do the official exam at the school.
- LES HEURES (Universidad de Barcelona): Our Teacher Training Courses are recognized by the Department of Teacher training Les Heures at the Universidad de Barcelona. The courses can be credited towards their Masters’ degree.
- CÁMARA DE COMERCIO DE MADRID (Madrid Chamber of Commerce): We are accredited to do the official Business Spanish exam at our school. Our students can do our Business Spanish course and then the official exam at the school.
- BILDUNGSURLAUB: Our Intensive Course20+10 (with 10 one-to-one lessons) is recognized in Hamburg, Sachsen-Anhalt and Berlin, Germany. Our Intensive Course30+ is also recognized in Berlin, Germany.
- CSN: The Swedish government recognizes Lacunza as a qualified center for students studying with a government loan.
- FEDELE: Member of FEDELE (Federation of Association of Spanish Schools).
- BROOKHAVEN COLLEGE: As Lacunza IH is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (www.sacscoc.org), university students can transfer the credits they acquire at Lacunza IH to any American university.
- THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI (Department of Foreign Languages and Literature): Our mutual collaboration allows students aged between 15 and 17 to transfer the credits they acquire at Lacunza IH to their high school diploma at any American high school.
View location on Google maps:
SPEAK SPANISH TODAY!
With 25 years of experience in the business, we are pleased to offer a wide range of courses for all of our students.
Our teachers are highly qualified and specialized in teaching Spanish as a foreign language. All have done the Teacher Training Course for Spanish as a Foreign Language (ELE) run by IH.
They work as a team (2 teachers per classes) and are supported by our Director of Studies and Teacher Trainer.
Our Director of Studies ensures that every syllabus is adapted to the requirements and competency of each group; from absolute beginners to proficiency.
INTENSIVE COURSES IN GROUPS
- INTENSIVE 20: Our standard Spanish course with 20 lessons per week in a class of 4 to 12 students. Each lesson is 45mins long and the course covers grammar, language skills, culture and more.
- INTENSIVE 30: 30 lessons a week with 20 lessons in an Intensive 20 + 10 lessons in a mini-group to work on conversation, language skills, Spanish culture and additional topics.
INTENSIVE COURSES IN GROUPS + PRIVATE LESSONS
- INTENSIVE 20+5: Intensive 20 + 1 private lesson a day. Each lesson is 45mins long.
- INTENSIVE 20+10: Intensive 20 + 2 private lessons a day. Each lesson is 45mins long.
- Normally between 10 and 15 weeks, the trimester course offers students a significant discount on the course price. Students can also include their accommodation in the trimester course and receive a greater discount!
INTENSIVE COURSE ACROSS SPAIN
- We offer the possibility of combing studies in San Sebastian with a similar course in different IH schools in Spain (Barcelona, Cádiz, Madrid, Palma, Valencia and Seville). Courses are available for all levels.
- INDIVIDUAL COURSES: One-to-one private tuition. Small groups of up to 4 people can also be booked.
- EXECUTIVE CRASH COURSE: Our “deluxe” course consisting of 40 one-to-one classes, lunch with a teacher on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday as well as dinner with a teacher on Thursday. All meals are included.
- GROUP PROGRAMS: All programs are tailor made to the requirements and competency of the group. Activities, transfers and accommodation are all included.
- FAMILY PACK: For families we can organize a Spanish classes, activities and accommodation. Parents attend the Intensive Course and adult activities program while kids participate in the Junior Summer Course (ages 14 – 17) or a Half Day at the Lacunza Summer Camp (ages 7 – 14). Families can enjoy breakfast, dinner and weekends together.
- DELE PREPARATION COURSE: A 6 week or 4 week course that consists of Intensive20 + 10 exam preparation lessons per week with 3 to 10 students per class. Students can take the DELE exam at the school.
- BUSINESS SPANISH: Intensive20+5 or Intensive20+10 to prepare for the Business Spanish Exam organized by the Chamber of Commerce of Madrid during the individual classes. Students can take the exam at the school.
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING COURSES
- WORK EXPERIENCE: Language preparation course (min 4 weeks) as well as an internship in a local company (9 to 26 weeks). It provides students an opportunity to gain experience, develop business skills and enhance their CV.
- METHODOLOGY & CULTURE COURSE FOR TEACHERS: For non-native Spanish teachers focused on the latest teaching methodologies and Spanish culture. Required Spanish level: MINIMUM B1
- TEACHER TRAINING COURSE: 4 week course divided between 65 theory hours (methodology, linguistic analysis and linguistic abilities) and 55 hours of work experience. Required Spanish level: MINIMUM C1 or NATIVE.
COURSES WITH ACTIVITES (can be added to ANY course)
- SURF: 1 hour surf class per day Monday through Friday with a maximum of 6 students per instructor. All materials are provided (board, wetsuit, insurance and a hot shower in the winter). If there are not enough people to form a group, the number of hours per week will be reduced accordingly.
- COOKING (BASQUE CULINARY CENTRE): Unique course organized by Lacunza and Basque Culinary Center (BCC) is for those students passionate about Spanish gastronomy and the haute- cuisine of Basque Country. All classes are run by professional chefs and the university’s professors. All food, equipment, recipes, apron and a Basque Culinary Center booklet are included in the course price.
- COOKING (1 DAY): Practical alternative to the BCC cooking course. Run by one of our trusted host families, the 2.5 hour cooking course is held in the family home. At the end of the class, the student is invited to eat with their classmates and the family as well as receiving a certificate of participation.
- KAYAK: The course takes place in La Concha Bay and is run by a qualified instructor from the Fortuna Sporting Club. Held over 2 afternoons per week (Tuesday and Thursday), the course price includes all necessary equipment hire and access to the Club’s amenities (additional 2€ for locker hire).
- FOOTBALL: The course takes place over 2 afternoons in Soccer World’s modern, professional facilities which are only a short walk from the school. The course culminates in a scrimmage (friendly match) at the end of the week.
SUMMER COURSES FOR YOUNGER LEARNERS:
- JUNIOR SUMMER COURSE: Our summer course for 14 to 17 years old including Spanish class, afternoon activities, weekend excursions and accommodation with a host family.
- LACUNZA SUMMER CAMP: Our summer camp for 7 to 14 years old students including Spanish or English classes, afternoon activities, weekend excursion, onsite dormitory accommodation and meals. Options include Half Day, Full Day or Overnight stays.
- FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/lacunzaih.sansebastian
- TWITTER: www.twitter.com/lacunzaihss
- YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/lacunzaih
- VK (Facebook for Russian Speakers): www.vk.com/lacunza
Accommodation – go to Spain today!
Complement your Spanish studies by living with native speakers. Living with a family is without a doubt the best way to get to know the Spanish culture and practice your Spanish outside of school hours. This option is perfect for those looking for a unique and memorable experience during their studies in San Sebastian.
We have a large number of extremely responsible and trustworthy families with various lifestyles to ensure you live in a situation that best suits your characteristics.
For the homestay option, price includes:
- Single room
- Half-Board (breakfast and dinner daily)
This is the most independent option. You will have your own room with a desk and all the amenities and you will share the communal facilities with your flatmates.
Although the school spring-cleans the communal facilities every two weeks, you will still be expected to carry out your share of housework. These apartments are usually small flats with basic, modest facilities.
Please note that with this housing option you will either live with other students from the school or with local residents of San Sebastian.
For the Shared Apartment option, the price includes:
- Single Room