English Language School
Cape Studies is an English language school, based in Green Point, Cape Town. Cape Studies has experienced 18 years of successfully teaching students from all around the world, making us part of the founding members of the language school industry.
Our consistence in high quality training sets the standard for all other schools in Cape Town. The management team at Cape Studies has succeeded in creating a vibrant and relaxed atmosphere for its students and staff members to learn and work in.
It is however not a regular school. We have made a conscious decision to involve our employees and foreign students in taking social responsibility in our country, all of which is done on a volunteer basis through our social project “Helping Hands”
Information about the school facilities
- The school building has a swimming pool and all classrooms open onto the garden.
- The school has a coffee lounge with free internet terminals. Free wireless connections are also available.
- 3 of our classrooms are equipped with interactive boards.
Prices for the English Language School in Cape Town
See the full price list on the school’s website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages
- English course in Cape Town plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Internet use at the English school in Cape Town
- Course certificate
- Level evaluation
- Course materials
Information about our school location
Cape Studies owns its own school building and one student residence in the trendy, touristic, hot spot of Green Point that was the international focus during the world cup in Cape Town.
Nowhere else in Cape Town can you take a 10 minute walk to beaches, the city centre; best sport facilities, 100s of restaurants and all major tourist attractions.
- We have been shortlisted, 4 times in the last 6 years as one of the 6 best schools in the southern hemisphere.
- Cape Studies is one of only a few schools in the world that offers the following guarantee: if you attend all classes and stick to the “English Only” policy of the school you can redo any course like Cambridge for free if you fail.
- Test centre for LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry).
- Private test centre for TOEIC.
View location on Google maps:
Course options for students
- Standard course – The focus is on grammar and vocabulary, speaking and pronunciation, reading, writing, listening and comprehension skills (09.00-12.50, Monday – Friday).
- Intensive course – Consists of a Standard English Course in the morning and two conversation lessons in the afternoon (09.00-15.20, Monday – Friday).
- Business course – Takes place after the Standard Course in the morning. It covers a wide variety of different business subjects, ranging from banking to international conferences and interviews (09.00-15.20, Monday – Friday).
- Cambridge preparation course – These are intensive preparation courses and consists of 10-week preparation for FCE ,CAE and CPE exams (09.00-15.20, Monday – Friday).
- LCCI, IELTS, TOEIC, TOEFL or Bright language exam preparation – The course consists of 4-8 weeks of English training with General English in the morning and 2 hours preparation for the particular exam in the afternoon (09.00-15.20, Monday – Friday).
- Private lessons – These are for students who have specific requirements or limited time. The teacher adapts the class to the particular needs of the student. These can also be added on top of the standard or Intensive course.
- Varney’s residence – The Residence has always been the most popular accommodation, so make sure you book well in advance to secure your stay. You can book a single or double room and all our residences are self-catering.
- Host family – Our students can also choose to live with one of our South African hosts while in Cape Town. This has proven to be an excellent way of improving their English. You will have a single room and share breakfast with your host. Most of our hosts are young professionals, couples and elderly ladies. Our hosts all live close to the school, most of them within walking distance.
Full contact details for students
Cape Studies – language school
2 – 17 Varneys Road, Green Point
Tel +27(0)21 – 439 0999