Our achievements as a school
- Over 12 years of teaching experience
- Licensed by the Ministry of Education
- Accredited by the International Association of Language Centers (www.ialc.org) & by the Federation of English Language Teaching Organizations Malta (www.feltom.com)
- Full members of WYSE (www.aboutwystec.org); ALTO (www.altonet.org) Bildungurslaub (www.bildungsurlaub.de), UED (www.ued.org.tr) & CSN (www.csn.se)
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Located in the touristic town of Sliema, Malta
- Our school is on Tower Road, Sliema’s most popular and up market place.
- Overlooking Breath taking views of St. Julian’s Bay
- Small-medium sized school, thus allowing us to have a good mix of students and nationalities and a personal service to all our clients
- Our building consists of 20 classrooms and our maximum capacity is of 230 students
- A Typical 1950’s Maltese building which retains its structural culture though has been modernized internally
- The Malta International Airport is only a 20 minute drive from our school in Sliema
- 12 different courses ranging from General English, Business English and various Exam preparation courses
- Various choices of accommodation to choose from; homestay, self catering apartments and a full range of hotels
- Weekly leisure program with different tours and activities to suite all ages and characters
- Friendly and experienced staff that is always available
- 24 hour 7 days a week emergency line
- 24 hour 7 days a week airport transfers
- FREE Visa Support
- Teachers are taught by our academic team to take up teaching English as a main profession
- FREE lending library inclusive of graded reading books and DVDs
- FREE Internet access
- FREE Wi-Fi connection throughout the whole building
- Leisure area with cable television
- Refreshment facilities inclusive of coffee, snacks & soft drinks machines
- Open air garden
- Fully air-conditioned premises
- The premises are not easily accessible by wheelchairs / disabled people
- Qualified, motivated, experienced teachers (minimum 3 years experience)
- Teachers attend obligatory in house training (minimum twice yearly) to always be at the top with the EFL latest changes / teaching tips and more…
- Over 80% of our teaching staff are internationally qualified by CELTA or TESOL
- We have welcomed students from over 50 countries – hence a healthy nationality mix
- 98% of our students in 2009 said they would recommend Linguatime to their family & friends – we are striving to bring this to 100%
- 100% of our students whom sat for an internationally recognized exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, FCE, CAE, KET, PET have all passed successfully
GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY – is the most common comment heard at Linguatime!
Our English courses:
The aim of these courses is to enable you to use English effectively and fluently in general, everyday situations. These courses enable you to develop all your practical communication skills, with special emphasis on speaking, pronunciation, listening, writing and reading.
- General English Group Course (GE 20)
This is the most popular course at our school. The course consists in 20 lessons (15 hours) and is designed to enable you to communicate more effectively in English. There is a special emphasis on Everday English which you can use in real-life situations. The study and use of grammar and pronunciation are equally important in this course.
- General English Intensive Group Course (GE 30)
Especially designed for students who want to improve their conversation skills. Students take 20 lessons of General English in the morning and 10 group lessons in the afternoon. The afternoon lessons have a special focus on speaking and are designed to give you more confidence in conversation in both formal and informal situations.
- Self-Catering Apartments – Shared room**
Our self-catering shared apartments are ideal for students who like their independence. Living in an apartment gives students the opportunity to make friends with fellow Linguatime students.
All apartments are located within walking distance from the school (5 to 15 minutes walk) in Sliema & St. Julian’s.
The apartments are well kept and fully equipped with a kitchen and all cooking facilities, cutlery and utensils. Our apartments include a tv & cable or dvd player.
Two sets of bed linen are provided upon arrival. Students are to bring their own towels. Alternatively, students can rent towels for 5 Euros per towel. Every bedroom and bathroom is cleaned prior to a students’ arrival and once every 2 weeks by the school. We request that the apartments are kept clean and tidy at all times in order to be considerate towards the other students living in the apartments.
A launderette is available for students at a small fee. Tokens for the launderette can be purchased from our school reception during school hours.
- Homestay Accommodation – Shared room*
Living with a Maltese family gives you the opportunity to experience the Maltese culture and way of life; it also offers our students better opportunities to speak in English outside of the school. Host family accommodation consists of shared accommodation (maximum 4 in one room). Breakfast and evening meals are inclusive. A packed lunch (full board) and a single room can be booked at an extra cost.
All our host families are carefully selected and licensed by MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) www.mta.com.mt
Host families are centrally located and within easy access of the school (10 to 25 minutes walk or a 5 to 10 minute bus ride) around St. Julian’s & Sliema. All our families are English speaking and offer a friendly atmosphere in their homes.
Linguatime takes good care when selecting host families. We request that the family has a good standard of spoken English and that their home is adequate for hosting students and kept clean. A fan during the hot months and a heater in the cold months will be provided and both bed linen and towels are changed once a week.
Students under the age of 18 years are requested to book this accommodation option unless accompanied by an adult.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: Airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance