Why learn English with GV Malta?
School and Location
- Established in 1999, the school campus is situated in a converted villa in a quiet street, only 2 minutes away from the sea in St. Pauls Bay.
- Facilities include 12 bright and fully air-conditioned/heated classrooms, Self-Study Centre, student reading area, student lounge, Internet Cafe with internet and email access, FREE Wi-Fi for students with laptops, snacks/refreshment area and a large sun terrace/roof garden with spectacular country views.
- We offer a more personalized and professional service, in a warm and friendly atmosphere – something which is only possible with school of our size: maximum capacity 125 students.
- GV Malta is close to the largest & best sandy beaches.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
About St. Paul’s Bay
St. Paul’s Bay is typically Mediterranean in character and is one of Malta’s most popular destinations for students who love nature and the sea! It is superbly located in the north of Malta, close to the best sandy beaches and in the greener part of the island.
It is an absolute paradise for water sports fans. Horse riding, rock climbing, trekking, scuba diving – the choice is endless. St Paul’s Bay also boasts many excellent restaurants (try our fish!) and cafes, bars, discos, a cinema and a casino, all within walking distance of the school.
- We are a full FELTOM member; this means that the school is regularly inspected to ensure strict levels of quality are maintained.
- We are the first school in Malta handpicked as a member of Quality English, a group of exclusive schools worldwide that guarantee quality.
- FREE Wi-Fi available to all students with laptops.
- One FREE book given to General English students taking 20/30 group lessons per week for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- FREE student discount card.
English courses in Malta
- English in the Secondary and Adult Classroom (click for more information)
- Cambridge Exam Course in Malta
General English & Intensive General English
Our most popular General English course is a dynamic, Communication-based program with the following daily structure:
- Grammar / Language Structure: practical use of specific grammar structures to improve speaking skills.
- Conversation: improve conversational ability through the study of functional language skills and idiomatic English.
- Reading, Writing and Vocabulary/Lexis: a comprehensive study of new vocabulary with instruction in reading and writing.
- Speaking and Listening: Improve listening, speaking and pronunciation skills through effective communicative exercises.
General English Course information:
- General English 20 lessons per week (4 lessons per day with a break every two lessons)
- Intensive General English 30 lessons per week. In addition to the General English course, you are offered two extra lessons per day for further speaking, vocabulary and listening practice in order to improve your confidence in all areas of the language.
- 10 students max per class, 12 max high season
- Courses start every Monday
- Each lesson = 45 minutes
- Minimum age: 18 (unless specified)
- Monthly test and progress reports
- Certificate of Course Completion
- FREE book offered to students taking General English 20 or 30 group lessons per week for a minimum duration of 2 weeks.
- Group General English courses available to students from Elementary to Advanced levels. Beginners are to book the Beginner’s course.
- Minimum course duration 1 week (Monday to Friday)
Accommodation in Malta
School Residential Apartments**
- Meet other Global Village students from around the world, practise your English, cook together and have fun!
- Our newly-renovated and family run apartments are ideally located in the centre of the town, only 15 minutes walking distance from the school (0.9 km) and 2 minutes from the seaside promenade and nightlife centre (0.2km).
- Each studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment has a kitchenette with the necessary self-catering equipment and utensils, dining table, chairs and bathroom/shower. Each bedroom contains a wardrobe, desk/small table and chair, up to three beds and a fan.
- Students travelling alone can book shared or single options.
Included in the price:
- Welcome drink on arrival.
- FREE use of roof garden and splash pool (April – October)
- FREE WiFi up to 500 MB download per week.
- Bed Linen and towels provided and changed weekly.
- Cleaning service weekly.
- Iron & ironing board.
- Water & electricity.
Our host families, hotels and apartments are specially chosen by our Admin Team and are licensed by the MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) to ensure that GV Malta’s standards are maintained at a high level.
- The most important element in learning a language is total immersion in it. Staying with a host family will give you the best opportunity to practise your new English skills outside the classroom. You can also experience Maltese culture at home and learn about the history, daily life, food and traditions of Malta.
- Our specially selected Maltese families offer:
- Half Board (breakfast + dinner) or
- Full Board (breakfast + packed lunch +dinner)
- Single, Twin/Double or Triple rooms
- Laundry service weekly
- Private bathroom/shower option
- Special diet options
- Bed linen & towels
- please bring your own beach towel!
All our host families are conveniently located in the area within walking distance of the school.
Our host families licensed by the MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) are inspected by our Accommodation Coordinator to ensure that GV Malta’s standards are maintained at a high level.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Saturday / Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday / Sunday morning following end of course.
- Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance