Who are we?
- We are a small, family-run English language school
- We give client’s needs priority
- We are dedicated to giving learners quality tuition in a friendly environment
- Maximum number of students: 82
- Accredited by IALC, CSN, Bildungsurlaub, MTA (Malta Tourism Authority) & Malta’s EFL Monitoring Board
Why choose BELS?
- You are looking for personalised, flexible, English courses
- You want quality English classes in a relaxed, unique environment
- You want to learn English with adults from all over the world
- You want small groups – average in class; 4 in low season & 8 in high season
- You are looking for a one-stop-shop: buy your English course, accommodation, transfers & activities straight from BELS
The English Course in Gozo Consists of:
- General English Standard: 20 lessons of 45 minutes in international classes of max 12 students.
- General English Mini : 20 lessons of 45 minutes in international classes of max 6 students.
- General English Intensive Mini : 30 lessons of 45 minutes in international classes of max 6 students.
- Individual lessons which can be booked either as General English, Business English or English for Specific Purposes
Prices for the English School in Gozo
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
The English Courses at BELS Gozo include:
- English course in Gozo plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Internet use at the English school in Gozo
- Course certificate
- Level evaluation
Note: The arrival transfer is compulsory when booking BELS Residence or private self-catering apartments
- Located in the countryside in a relaxed, serene & picturesque environment
- Fully air-conditioned
- Accessible to persons with special needs
- Additional facilities; free computer aided language laboratory, interactive white board, internet access, lush gardens & sun terrace
- Hot drink & snack vending machines in-house
- The Islands of Malta: Malta, Gozo, Comino, Cominotto & Filfla
- In the centre of the Mediterranean Sea located about 95 km from Italy
- Situated on Gozo – the second largest island in the archipelago
- Gozo is approx. 14.5 km long & 7.5 km wide, with a shore line of 43 km & a population of around 28,000.
- The official languages are English & Maltese.
- The Maltese Islands are members of the EU.
- Gozo is quite different to Malta: it is greener, more fertile.
- Life on Gozo is slower and more relaxed than that on Malta.
- The people are friendly, with a fairly laid-back attitude to life that appeals to most visitors.
- BELS is located in the small village of Kercem, a 15 minute walk from the capital, Victoria.
View location on Google maps:
General English Group Courses
Focus on giving the students a balanced practice in both systems and skills using general topics. The courses are organized according to the needs and level of the students and structured in such a way to ensure they are stimulating, varied and challenging.
What is included?
- Welcome pack including general information sheets
- Accommodation fees & all taxes (when booked)
- Course material & school folder
- Lessons (45 minutes) as booked
- Course certificate & student assessment report
- Use of computer/self study CDs
- Pool or beach club membership during summer months
- 24 hour emergency phone number
- General English = 20 lessons weekly
Accommodation in Malta
Standard Home Stay*
Staying with a family is the best way to find out about family life in Gozo. Learn about the history of Gozo, its traditions, culture and food from the people that live there. Also, have plenty of time to practise your new English skills outside the classroom.
Students who opt for standard home stay will be hosted by a Gozitan family, which may be a typical ‘family’ of husband, wife and children, or a couple.
Students are treated as though they are a member of the household and are expected to adapt to the home stay life and routine. Most host-families are open-minded, helpful, and friendly. On your first day, the family will introduce you to the household: keys, meals, etc and also provide you with information on the locality. The families provide bed sheets & towels and weekly cleaning.
BELS Residence (country side) Triq il-Bies, Kercem**
- This is a large town house located in a quiet street, a few minutes walk from school. The premises fall in the ‘comfort’ category (Malta Tourism Authority). All six private bedrooms are spacious, bright, airy and well furnished.
- The rooms on offer are available for double (queen & king size beds), twin and single use. All bedrooms are supplied with a fan in summer and a heater in winter, for added comfort.
- Bed linen & towels are supplied and changed once weekly. Sharing facilities include a sitting/dining area, a well-equipped kitchen, a bath room and a shower room. A TV and telephone are available in the sitting/kitchen area. Outdoor facilities include a garden and sun terraces.
Getting to school
This accommodation is about 6 minutes walk from school, a 2 minute walk from the village centre of Kercem and a 20 minute walk from the capital Victoria.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance