We offer a unique programme that combines learning, cultural and international experiences.
About KKCL London Study Holidays
Situated in a beautiful listed building in the quiet London borough of Harrow famous for its prestigious educational background, Katherine & King’s College of London (KKCL) has been a proud educator in the EFL sector since 2002.
Throughout the last 10 years we have been dedicated to providing quality English courses including exam preparation to local and overseas students at all levels – all our English courses are accredited by the British Council.
The Summer Programme
The courses are for boys and girls aged 12 to 17 and last 2, 3 or 4 weeks in July and August.
Our summer programme offers our students interactive, communicative, and, most importantly, enjoyable English lessons for 15 hours a week.
The English Courses Focus On:
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Project work, crafts and creative activities
- Grammatical structures, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Discussions on English culture, tradition, and current affairs.
- Our teachers are fully qualified with CELTA, DELTA, MA or equivalent and they will ensure your children are given individual attention and they will closely monitor their progress.
Activities and Electives
Alongside the courses and activities, there is a range of exciting optional elective courses and unique workshops.
We recognize enrichment and exploration are important parts of a summer school curriculum so we offer central London visits to all landmarks and on weekends we have cultural trips and tours with the optional Weekend Explorer programme.
From the very arrival, all groups and individual students are met by a member of staff to ensure a smooth transition from the airport to the school.
Your children will be supervised at all times at least a 15:1 student to staff ratio (this will usually be higher for outside activities) by trained staff who are available 24 hours a day in case of emergency and our offices are open every day until 8pm if students or group leaders have any concerns or questions.
We also offer the possibility to safely store students’ documents, pocket money and any valuables on the school premises.
Contact our staff for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages
*Full Core Programme include:
- 15 hours per week English lessons
- Welcome and Leaving Party
- Course materials for use in lessons
- Sports and social activities every afternoon and evening, organised and led by our activity leaders
- Use of all academic and recreational facilities at KKCL
- Dedicated activity leaders to supervise students at all times and ensure student welfare and safety during their stay
- Lunch vouchers or packed lunches for the entire stay
- English mobile phone SIM card
- KKCL London Study Holidays attendance certificate and group photo
Our host families are inspected and selected by us and our partner agencies to guarantee students a happy and rewarding experience.
Students enjoy a family atmosphere along with the chance to practise English and learn about the British way of life.
London is a city bursting with diversity and different cultures and this is reflected in the homestays that we use. Although host families can come from any number of ethnic backgrounds, English is always the main language in the home. We always do our best to match the needs and requests of students during the allocation process.
The locations of our host families are within very short travelling distance from the school, with convenient access to public transport. A daily door-to-door school minibus service can be arranged at an additional cost, picking up students from their homes in the morning and returning them at the end of the school day. If parents decide not to use our bus service, we must receive written authorisation from parents for children aged 14-16 to travel alone on public transport.
Breakfast and evening meals are provided by homestay families, with lunch provided by the school.
We do not allow children under 14 to travel alone on public transport under any circumstances.
Students are well looked after and all meals are provided.
Depending on the residence, students may choose either a shared room or a single room. We also offer a limited number of en-suite rooms at an additional cost.
Bedding is provided but students should bring their own towels. We will send an items-to-bring list to all students once the booking is confirmed.
- To check if a place is available please complete our booking form. If a place is available, you will receive a confirmation letter requesting your deposit payment to secure your booking.