The Italian language school by the sea
Piccola Università Italiana – Tropea
Tropea is a charming, medieval town by the sea in Southern Italy with a population of about 7000.
Tropea is ideal for a language holiday in Italy, and it is the perfect place to combine professional Italian language courses with holidays.
- directly by the crystal-clear blue sea
- small village with friendly population
- charming classrooms
- great place to combine work with pleasure
- pleasant atmosphere at school
- welcoming administration staff
- plenty of extracurricular activities
- perfect for single students to make new friends from all over the world
The Italian Course in Tropea Consists of:
- General Italian Course in Tropea: 20 lessons in group
Intensive Italian Course in Tropea: 20 lessons in group + 6 private classes
- Up to a maximum of 6 students per class (Average: 4 students)
- Students with some level of Italian will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced Italian teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the Italian School in Tropea
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Italian course in Tropea plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Internet use at the Italian school in Tropea
- The pick-up transfer from and to Lamezia Terme or 2 half day excursions by minibus.
- Course book and teaching materials, schoolbag, pen and writing pad
- Written and oral grading tests
- Participation certificate
- City map and information about Tropea, tips on excursions
- Club card
- Presentation including welcome cocktail
- Guided city tour of Tropea
- Italian film evenings in our cinema room
*Prices in Euro per person and per week
In 1993 the Centre was founded as „Caffè Culturale“. In 2004 the name was changed to „Piccola Università Italiana“, when it was officially recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (presa d’atto / prot. 23860/P del 30.11.04).
The school is located in the heart of the old town of Tropea in a beautiful historical building from the 18th century.
View location on Google maps:
All our teachers have a university degree in literature or language and distinguish themselves in a high social-cultural component.
- 11 classrooms
- internetpoint (use for a smal fee)
- WIFI in the entire building of the school (for free)
- cinema room with piano (which may also be used by the students)
- two small and two large terraces
- a reception area with information desk
- five bathrooms
Cultural programme & social activities
The weekly cultural programme offers plenty of opportunities to immerse in Italian culture.
Cinema evenings with Italian movies, private concerts of classical music at school, motorboat excursions to discover unspoilt white sandy beaches with deep blue crystal clear water as well as a great variety of cultural excursions in Calabria, to the Aeolian Islands, to Sicily or Campania top our school’s diversified extracurricular programme.
The excursions are carried out with the school own minibus (8-seater).
Italian Courses in Italy
B. Main Course – mini-groups (4 hours a day / 5 days a week):
Classes: Monday – Friday 09:00 – 13:00 or 16:00 – 20:00.
4 teaching units of 55 minutes each, with a 20 minute break, small groups of 3 to max. 6 students.
Teaching covers grammar and practical exercises, vocabulary and idiomatic expressions, oral and written style, regional studies. Intermediate and advanced classes also include newspaper reading and discussions on topics such as art, culture, politics and social matters.
Duration: 1 week or longer
C. Intensive Course 20 + 6 (B. Main Course + 6 Private Lessons):
The students attend the main course, followed by 2 teaching units of 55 minutes each of individual teaching on 3 afternoons each week.
This course allows the individual’s specific educational targets to be dealt with in detail; e.g. a tailor-made teaching programme is set up at the beginning of the course, focusing on various different topics as required: literature and film history, music, media, commercial or technical Italian for students working in the tourist industry.
Avery effective course for motivated participants.
Duration: 1 week or longer
Italian Plus courses (Italian + activity)
Activity courses are offered to those who want to combine Italian courses with a special activity. Furthermore, it is also possible to book only the activity. Therefore, these courses are very popular with couples and friends, who have different interests.
- Italian & painting
- Italian & cooking
- Italian & wind surfing
- Italian & catamaran sailing
- Italian & scuba diving
- Italian & mountain biking
- group course number is limited to a maximum of 6 students
- each course unit lasts 55 minutes
- students are assigned to are assigned to 15 different language levels
- language level guaranty
- school starts the first day of school!
- school book with CD-Rom and CD-Audio is included in the price
- professional teachers
Students can choose from studio flats* or shared apartments**, which are all in walking distance (max. 10 minutes) to the school and are either near the port or in the centre of Tropea. All apartments are furnished with television and most are furnished with washing machine and radio.
- A typical shared apartment usually has 2 or 3 bedrooms, a large eat-in kitchen and one or two bathrooms. Bathroom and kitchen are shared by the students.
- A typical studio flat has a spacious room with a kitchenette and bathroom. Some of the studio apartments also have a separate living room or a separate eat-in kitchen.
Upon request we may also organise hotel accommodation.