The school of Italian language was established in 1985, in the centre of Florence, with the aim of providing high quality linguistic services to private people and multi-national companies who need to learn the basics as well as to improve the Italian language up to the highest levels in a little time.
That is the reason why the Institute Galilei specializes in one-to-one and small group courses with a maximum 4 participants per class.
After only a few years, the quality of our courses, the reliability of the programs, and the rigorous attention to the individual and her/his linguistic needs has allowed us to establish a reputation of meeting the needs of some of the leading companies of the world, many of which have become our steady customers.
Today, the school also offers one-to-one and small group courses in Italian culture such as art history, Italian cooking, and drawing & painting (taught in Italian, English, and on request in other languages).
These courses complete the services of the Institute Galilei allowing a practical and immediate approach not only to the Italian language but also to the main aspects of Italian culture.
The intensive Italian Language courses offered by the Institute Galilei in Florence are especially designed for those who have little time to study, and want to make the most out of it:
- Private people of all ages, who study Italian for their personal needs or for passion
- Language students, who need to prepare for their Italian exams
- Business people who need to know the Italian language for work
The Italian Course in Florence Consists of:
- Individual Italian courses in Florence with a personalized program
- Weekend crash courses in Florence
- Students will be able to start any day of the week
- Highly qualified, experienced Italian teachers
- Lesson hours have the duration of 60 minutes
- Training in the vocabulary of your occupation or area of interest
- Conversation concentrated program
- Planned social activities
Italian Courses in Florence
|Course type||Hours / Day||Morning||Lunch||Afternoon||Dinner|
|One-to-one course"A"||4 hours / day||9am - 1pm|
|One-to-one course"B"||6 hours / day||9am - 1pm||2pm - 4pm|
|One-to-one course"C"||6 hours / day including lunch at the restaurant||9am - 1pm||1pm - 3pm|
|One-to-one course"D"||8 hours / day||9am - 1pm||2pm - 6pm|
|One-to-one course"E"||8 hours / day including lunch at the restaurant||9am - 1pm||1pm - 3pm||3pm - 5pm|
|One-to-one course"F"||5 hours / day|
including dinner at the restaurant
|5pm - 8pm||8pm - 10pm|
Italian course “A”
4 hours of Italian language per day, from 9am to 1pm. This course is basic and advisable for those who wish to have free time in the afternoon for visiting Florence and the Tuscany or for other activities.
Italian courses “B” and “D”
Course “B” is of 6 hours per day, course “D” of 8 hours per day. The lessons in the morning (9am – 1pm) emphasize on grammar and language structure, while the hours in the afternoon concentrate on the practical use of the language.
Italian courses “C” and “E”
6 or 8 hours of Italian per day, including lunch with the teacher at the restaurant*. The lessons continue without interruption with two different teachers and allow the student uninterupted exposure to the Italian language inside and out of the school. These courses are geared especially to whom already knows some Italian.
Italian course “F”
An evening course of 5 hours Italian a day, including dinner with the teacher at the restaurant*. Course “F” has been structured for those who wish to take advantage of the day time hours for business or sightseeing.
|Prices per week are the following:|
|One-to-one course"A"||Euros 770|
|One-to-one course"B"||Euros 1080
|One-to-one course"C" including lunch||Euros 1490
|One-to-one course"D"||Euros 1340
|One-to-one course"E" including lunch||Euros 1750
|One-to-one course"F" including dinner||Euros 1445|
Our prices includes the cost of all materials textbooks and notebooks and also the following:
Then we have a very special courses – a weekend course. Please see the details here below
- Friday 4pm – 8pm
- Saturday 9am – 1pm, 2pm – 6pm
- Sunday 9am – 1pm
Weekend crash course INTENSIVE (TOTAL 20 HOURS)
- Friday 4pm – 8pm, 8pm – 10pm dinner at the restaurant (conversation)
- Saturday 9am – 1pm, 1pm – 3pm lunch at the restaurant (conversation), 3pm – 5pm Italian lessons or guided tour of Florence (at your choice), 8pm – 10pm dinner at the restaurant (conversation)
- Sunday 9am – 1pm Italian lessons
|Course type||Weekend price|
|"Weekend-Crash-course BASIC"||Euros 690|
The one-to-one courses may start and finish on any day requested.
DISCOUNTS AND REDUCTIONS
- For a 3-week course, the weekly rate is discounted 8%
- For a 4-11 week course, the weekly rate is discounted 10%
- For a 12-week course or longer, the weekly rate is discounted 15%
- For 2 participants in the same course, discount of 20% on the rate for each
- During the months of February and March, discount of 10% (not combinable with other discounts)
See their website at: http://www.galilei.it/index.html
Our school location
The school is located in down-town Florence, at only 5 minutes on foot from the Cathedrale (Duomo).
The rooms of our school are equipped with air conditioning, audio-visual system, stereo recording facilities and a computer to practice the grammar and to connect to Internet.
A wireless connection is available, and can be used by the students with their own laptop.
View location on a map:
- Institute Galilei is officially accredited by the Italian Minister of Education
|Accommodation Type||1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||6 weeks||8 weeks||12 weeks|
|Homestay, single room, HB||245 €||490 €||695 €||895 €||1,344 €||1,790 €||2,690 €|
|Residence / student house, single room, self-catering||230 €||320 €||390 €||480 €||720 €||960 €||1,440 €|
The homestay price include the lodging in a single room , breakfast and dinner with an Italian family
The self-catering room price includes the use of to a single room in a shared apartment, the use of the kitchen and of the bathroom.
See their website at: http://www.galilei.it/index.html