Dilit International House
Italian School in Rome
It was one of the first language schools in Italy to teach Italian as a Foreign Language and has established itself as one of the most prestigious Italian Language Schools in the country today.
The school caters for students from all over the world at all levels and with a wide variety of needs. Each year about 2000 students from more than 60 countries come to Dilit International House.
The school is located in the centre of Rome, just a short walk from the main railway and bus station and is very well connected to the major sights of the city.
The Italian Course in Rome Consists of:
- General Italian Course in Rome: 20 lessons of 45 minutes
Intensive Italian Course in Rome: 30 lessons of 45 minutes
- Business Italian
- Internship Program
- Rome for 50+
- Up to a maximum of 14 students per class (Average: 11 students)
- Students with some level of Italian will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced Italian teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the Italian School in Rome
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Italian course in Rome plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Course certificate
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Internet use at the Italian school in Rome
- air-conditioned classrooms;
- interactive whiteboards;
- a computer room;
- Wi-Fi connection;
- school’s club with a TV, a piano and a small stage;
- garden and terraces on the roof;
- Social Program with activities running regularly throughout the year.
View location on Google maps:
View Larger Map
- officially authorised by the Italian Ministry of Education
- part of International House, a well-established world-wide organisation of 120 language schools.
- Full member of EAQUALS (European Association for Quality Language Services)
- Full member of ELITE (Excellent Language Institutions Teaching in Europe)
- Member of ASILS (Associazione Scuole d’ Italiano come Lingua Seconda).
The Italian School in Rome offers a wide range of courses, from General Italian to special interest courses:
GENERAL ITALIAN: All levels are available, from absolute beginners to advanced. The minimum age is 16. Tuition can be in a group (15, 20, 25 or 30 lessons per week) or individual.
The maximum number of students is 14 or 6 for small groups. Students who already know some Italian can start the course on any Monday after a placement test.
- Group Intensive 15 lesson/week: afternoons, 3 lessons a day, from 2 to 52 weeks;
- Group Intensive 20 lessons/week: mornings or afternoons, 4 lessons a day, from 2 to 40 weeks;
- Group Intensive 25 lessons/week: mornings and afternoons, 4 lessons a day plus 2.5 lessons in small group twice per week, from 2 to 32 weeks;
- Group Intensive 30 lessons per week: mornings and afternoons, 6 lessons a day, from 2 to 28 weeks.
Special interest courses last two weeks and start every two weeks:
- Business Italian;
- Discovering Rome
- Italian Home-Cooking;
- Exam Preparation;
- Italian through Italian Style
- Italian through Song;
- Italian through Film-making
- Italian through Theatre;
- Rome for 50+;
- Italian through Photography
- Italian through Architecture;
On request the school can arrange whatever sort of accommodation is desired: with host-families, in flats sharing with other students of the school, or independent flats.
The families and the flats are classified in two categories: Standard and Standard Plus. Accommodation with host-families or in flats means sleeping in single or double rooms and having free use of the bathroom and kitchen.
Change of linen, and electricity and gas consumption are included in the price. For an extra fee host-families will provide breakfast or half-board.