Limerick International Study Centre (LISC) is committed to excellence in English language teaching by providing a supportive, dynamic and professional learning environment.
Choose Limerick International Study Centre (LISC) for:
- Excellent study environment within a university campus.
- Friendly school with a choice of courses for different language learning needs – general, business, academic and leisure.
- Internationally recognized qualifications in business, hotel and tourism management.
- Online support for your learning before, during and after your course.
- Excellent study facilities equipped with modern classroom furniture. All rooms are connected with wi-fi. Students are given access to University’s library.
- Excellent sport facilities including an Olympic-sized swimming pool.
- Lively multinational atmosphere with students from over 50 countries.
- School-managed student accommodation equipped with modern home equipment and appliances.
- Exciting social program helps you make friends, practice your English and enjoy Irish culture.
- Our multilingual staff – a warm welcome and help when you need it.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
- Prices includes course, all registration fees, course materials, level assessment upon arrival, certificate upon completion of course.
|Number of weeks:||2||3||4||6||8||12|
|HOMESTAY* + GENERAL COURSE||€ 645||€ 925||€ 1,205||€ 1,705||€ 2,245||€ 3,205|
|SHARED APARTMENT** + GENERAL COURSE||€ 465||€ 655||€ 845||€ 1,165||€ 1,525||€ 2,125|
|GENERAL COURSE ONLY||€ 325||€ 445||€ 565||€ 745||€ 965||€ 1,285|
- Add 150 Euro per week in July / August
- Add 75 Euro per week to all accommodation in July / August
English Language Courses in Limerick
General English: Course Overview
These courses are designed for students wanting to make rapid progress to improve all round language skills. In a lively and international atmosphere, students follow a carefully structured program, in which varied activities ensure that they learn to communicate with confidence. The timetable is structure-based integrating all the basic skills: Listening/Speaking, Reading/Writing, Grammar/Vocabulary.
Courses are run using modern up-to-date course books and the latest methods. Pair work, group work and task based activities are part of the daily timetable.
Lessons per Week: 20
- GE20 = 09.00 – 12.00; 12.10 – 13.00
Monday to Friday
- Level: Beginner (A1) – Advanced (C1)
- Length of Stay: Minimum 2 weeks
- Start Dates: Any Monday
- Class Size: 6 – 12, Average 8
Accommodation in Limerick
Living with a friendly homestay is the perfect way to help you practice your English outside the classroom and understand Irish culture.
Homestays offer independence and welcoming, clean and comfortable accommodation.
- provide bed and breakfast, with evening meals Monday to Friday and all meals at the weekend.
- live a local bus ride away from the school or within walking distance.
- are carefully-selected for their friendliness and are regularly revisited.
- give you a comfortable single room.
- promise never to have two students of the same first language unless requested.
- are experienced in looking after students of all ages and nationalities.
Before you arrive in Limerick you receive a profile of the homestay that you are going to stay with. We also give the homestay some information about you. Your homestay is booked from the Sunday before your course starts to the Saturday after your course finishes.
If you arrive in Limerick or leave Limerick on different days, you are responsible for arranging your own extra nights’ accommodation.
- Homestay includes: Single room, half board (full board weekend)
Self-Catering Apartment Accommodation**
- Includes single room, shared kitchen and bathroom
Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance