Founded in 1989, Donegal Language School is a well established educational provider located in Bundoran, Co Donegal on the beautiful North West coast of Ireland. The Language School is set in a lovely Georgian Building with stunning views of the Atlantic Coast and is within short walking distance of the town centre.
Donegal Language School offers an extensive range of high quality English Courses. These include Standard General English and Intensive General English Courses as well as English and Activity programmes including English and Horse Riding, English and Surfing and English and Hill Walking.
Why Donegal Language School?
- Established 22 years
- Beautifully located in the West of Ireland
- Small classes and individual attention guaranteed
- High repeat business.
- Internationally recognized quality marks
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Choice of residential or host family accommodation
- Social activities included to help you make friends and get a further insight into the Irish way of life
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis.
English Course in Donegal @ DLS
English School in Donegal, Ireland
2 Weeks for Only € 380!
The English Course in Donegal Consists of:
- General English Course in Donegal.
Business English Course in Donegal on request.
- Language Exam Preparation English Course in Donegal.
- Up to 12 students per class.
- Native English teachers.
- English school in Donegal.
- Accommodation in Family.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for English school in Donegal / English course in Donegal and Accommodation
|Number of weeks:||2||3||4||6||8||12|
|HOMESTAY* + GENERAL COURSE||€ 750||€ 1,140||€ 1,500||€ 2,190||€ 2,920||€ 4,320|
|HOMESTAY* + INTENSIVE COURSE||€ 830||€ 1,245||€ 1,620||€ 2,430||€ 3,240||€ 4,800|
|RESIDENCE** + GENERAL COURSE||€ 690||€ 1050||€ 1,380||€ 2,010||€ 2,680||€ 3,960
|RESIDENCE** + INTENSIVE COURSE||€ 770||€ 1,155||€ 1,500||€ 2,250||€ 3,000||€ 4,440|
|GENERAL COURSE ONLY||€380||€ 585||€ 760||€ 1,080||€ 1,440||€ 2,100|
|INTENSIVE COURSE ONLY||€ 460||€ 690||€ 880||€ 1,320||€ 1,760||€ 2,580|
|HOMESTAY* + ENGLISH AND RIDING||€ 1500||€ 2,220||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|RESIDENCE** + ENGLISH AND RIDING||€ 1,480||€ 1,200||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|HOMESTAY* + ENGLISH AND SURFING||€ 1,320||€ 1,965||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|RESIDENCE** + ENGLISH AND SURFING||€ 1,240||€ 1,855||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a|
- All course materials. No registration fees.
- A private room and board depending on accommodation choice
- An information pack on arrival
- 20 hours/25 lessons of English per week
- A social activity programme and cultural excursion each week
- Local transfers to school and activities. No bus or train tickets needed
- A teachers report & certificate of attendance and achievement on completion of course
- Free bike rental on a first come first served basis
- Free WIFI
- Free transfers from Ballyshannon (Direct buses from Dublin airport to Ballyshannon)
- Add € 30 per week to all package prices during the high season (July/August)
Donegal Language School, Ireland
Visit the DLS website: http://donegallanguageschool.com/
With over 20 years experience, we ensure:
- Varied English language courses for adults and juniors.
- A safe and secure environment for all students.
- Internationally recognized quality marks
- A variety of activities, specializing in Horse Riding and Surfing packages.
- Friendly and welcoming staff.
- Additional support and assistance to students at all times.
- A relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere for students to learn and have fun.
High Academic Standards are of the upmost importance at our English school in Donegal. The school is recognized by the Irish Government’s Department of Education and Science for the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language, MEI-RELSA and the Advisory Council for English Language Schools (ACELS).
We have also been awarded an Eco Label Certificate which helps us work towards minimizing our impact on the environment while providing an experience that is contributing to local communities, responsibly marketed and culturally respectful.
For students who choose our English and Activity Programs, we ensure that high standards are carried through to the activities.
Adult Social Programme
To ensure that students make friends and gain a further insight into Ireland and the Irish way of life, we organise regular activities, social and cultural events including:
- Movie nights
- Traditional pub nights out
- Discount vouchers for local amenities and area
- Job Club – we have a coordinator on hand to help you with finding a job, CV writing skills etc
- Weekly cultural excursions to places including Glenveagh National Park, Queen Meabh’s Grave and Sligo town, Slieve League, Lisadell House, Parkes castle, Marble Arch Caves and Derry City.
- Mini Excursions to Yeats Country (The poet WB Yeats), Glencar Waterfalls, Mullaghmore, Gleniff Horse Shoe, Cassiebawn Castle, Salmon Leap.
A great time in a wonderful place with warm hearted people, always helpful and friendly. I enjoyed this time so mush. It was perfect. I hope one day, to stay here again.
- Susan, English and Horse Riding, Germany.
I’m really happy to have chosen this school because I’ve been able to practice my English quite a lot and all the people I’ve met have been really friendly to me.
- Rosa, Intensive English, Spain
I had a great time here at school and with my host family. A big thank you for everyone who helped me to feel well here in Ireland. I will never forget my great 10 weeks
- Sonja Shranz, Intensive English, Switzerland
High Academic Standards are of the upmost importance at Donegal Language School. The school is recognised by the Irish Government’s Department of Education and Skills for the Teaching of English as a Foreign Language, MEI-RELSA and the Advisory Council for English Language Schools (ACELS).
General English Course
Available all year round, the standard General English Course in Donegal covers all aspects of the language; grammar, usage, reading, writing, listening. This is an ‘all-round’ course, specially designed and conducted to encourage you to join in, grow in confidence and develop your knowledge of good, practical English. Students are tested regularly to make sure they are at the right level.
Classes are offered from Elementary to Advanced level. English Course in Donegal books and registration fees are included in the price.
- The commencement dates are every Monday from April to September and the first Monday of every month from October to March
Average Class Size
- 6 Students
- The General English Course in Donegal runs for 20 lessons per week from 9.15 – 12.45 pm
Intensive English Course
The morning classes are the same as those of the General English Course in Donegal. The afternoon classes are fluency development classes provided to give students further opportunities to practice listening and speaking in English.
- Classes are offered from Elementary to Advanced level. English Course in Donegal books and registration fees are included in the price.
- The commencement dates are every Monday from April to September and the first Monday of every month from October to March.
- The Intensive English Program runs for 20 lessons per week from 9.15 – 12.45 pm. Followed by 5 additional lessons per week from 2.30pm – 4pm.
English Course in Donegal and Riding Program
An English and Riding program is available for all levels of Riders
With over 45 horses and ponies to choose from, each guest receives a horse for the duration suited to their level. The Horse Riding runs from 1.45 – 5.00 pm every day, Monday to Friday.
The activities include beach rides on our 10km stretch of beach, treks through our rolling sand dunes, lessons, trail rides, lunging, video analysis, flatwork, jumping cross country for the novice upwards(weather dependant) and stable management. Clients ride an average of two hours per day with one hour stable management (looking after the horse, feeding etc)
English Course in Donegal and Surfing Program
An English and Surfing program is available for all levels of Riders
Bundoran is known as the surf capital of Ireland. So it is a great place to learn of advance in surfing. All levels are catered for in our surfing camps. With numerous beaches and breaks on our doorstep, there is a beach to suit every level. Tuition and video analysis is provided by our fully qualified instructors. All equipment is also provided.
The residential accommodation consists of a small complex of spacious 4 bedroom houses. The houses are situated in a quiet cul de sac less than one minute’s walk from the Atlantic Ocean and Donegal Bay and 10 minutes walk from the town centre. There is a pedestrian walkway from the houses along the sea front to the town centre.
- BEDROOMS: 4 bedrooms with three to four bathrooms per house. Bed linen, duvet, towels supplied.
- KITCHEN: Fully fitted kitchen with cooker, oven, fridge freezer, electric kettle, toaster, microwave, pot, pans, cutlery & crockery..
- LAUNDRY AREA: washing machines / dryers.
- CLEANING: The house is cleaned once a week during your stay
- ARRIVAL: Saturday or Sunday (times by arrangement).
- DEPARTURE: Saturday or Sunday. .
- INTERNET CONNECTION: Wireless connection provided free of charge at the school and in the houses.
Host family accommodation is available on a half-board basis.
All host families are carefully selected and visited by us. Each family is a short distance (all within 2 km) of the school and provide the following for our students
- A private room (unless a twin room has been requested by 2 people booking together)
- Not to accommodate persons of the same nationality unless specifically requested by the students concerned
- laundry facilities and to change bed linen regularly
- To provide an adequate continental breakfast each day
- To provide a substantial dinner each night and a light lunch on Sundays for students who have booked the half-board option
- To provide students with a door key so that they can let themselves in and out
Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance
Airport transfers are offered from Dublin every Sunday between 10am – 6.00 pm. Transfer fees are €55 each way June, July and August and €75 each way outside of these times.
We also offer transfers from Knock airport. The fee is €75 each way.