Why Should You Choose Alpha College?
One Question – Two Answers;
Quality and Price!
In Alpha College of English we value the quality of everything that we do so much that we have put enormous time, effort and financial investment into all of our activities to enable us to qualify for membership of EAQUALS – Evaluation and Accreditation of Quality Language Services and IALC (International Associationof Language Centres) as well as being recognised by the Irish Department of Education (ACELS) as an English Language School.
Our recognition by ACELS, membership of EAQUALS, IALC and MEI are testimony to the highest international standards of academic management and operations obtaining in Alpha College of English in Dublin, Ireland.
This commitment to excellence manifests itself in our superb teachers, administrators and managers; our excellent programmes; friendly, caring host families; elegant building and particularly the support given to all of our students by our Academic Support Team for the duration of their course as well as our rich and varied cultural programme that is available throughout the year.
Compare our prices with those of any other English Language School offering similar world-class quality programmes and you will see that Alpha College of English offers superb value for money.
The English Course in Dublin Consists of:
- General English Course in Dublin: 20 lessons per week
Intensive English Course in Dublin: 30 lessons per week
- Up to a maximum of 14 students per class (Average: 8/9 students)
- Students with some level of English will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced English teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the English School in Dublin
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- English course in Dublin plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Course materials
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the English school in Dublin
Where is Alpha College?
Alpha College is located in the heart of Dublin City Centre.
We are a short stroll from O’Connell Street and our students can easily access all the amenities Dublin has to offer!
Shops, theatres, cinemas, museums, art galleries, cafes and restaurants are all within easy walking distance.
View location on Google maps:
- Alpha College of English is situated in a historical Georgian building which has been renovated to provide students with bright spacious classrooms equipped with video, CD and cassette recorders, large whiteboards and over head projectors.
- Notice Board of social events.
- Coffee Room
- Study Rooms
- Computer Room
Our Quality Marks
- EAQUALS (Evaluation and Accreditation of Quality Language Services)
- IALC (International Association of Language Services)
English courses in Dublin
Our General English Courses are designed to offer students the opportunity to take top quality English classes and have the flexibility to experience all that makes Dublin so special.
We offer our English programmes in the following formats:
- Standard format: – 20 lessons per week GE01
- Intensive format: – 25 lessons per week GE02
- Super-intensive format – 30 lessons per week GE04
Standard courses consist of 20 lessons tuition per week (with a coffee break of 20 minutes each day). Classes are available from 09.00 – 13.00, Monday to Friday inclusive.
Super Intensive Course:
The Super-Intensive course consists of 30 lessons tuition per week – 20 morning less as above, Monday to Friday inclusive + 10 lessons per week, 14.00 – 16.05, Monday to Thursday.
- Maximum Class Size: 14 Students
- Average Class Size: 8/9 Students
- Course Duration: Participants may join the General English course for a minimum of 1 week. There is no maximum period.
Host Family Accommodation*
Homestay accommodation is arranged with carefully selected and monitored hosts who provide single room accommodation, breakfast and evening dinner Monday to Friday; all meals at week-ends and light laundry service.
We can arrange homestay acocmmodation on a twin room basis but only for friends/family members travelling together.
Most homestays are located in the suburbs with students travelling to and from the college by bus or local train. The average travelling time is 30 – 45 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Only one student of each mother-tongue is placed in a family unless students request an alternative arrangement.
- Students with special dietary requirements may be asked to pay an extra supplement
- Students who wish to vacate their room for 5 days or more will be charged a fee to hold the room
- There is no refund if students vacate their room for weekends
- The summer supplement price applies to students staying in a homestay over Christmas
Summer Residential Accommodation**
Alpha College can arrange residential accommodation in Broadstone Student Residence from 24th June until 26th August 2012.
We will also have limited availability in the same Residence from around 17th to 24th June and from 26th August to around 9th September 2012.
Broadstone Student Self Catering Accommodation is a prestigious development of 21 self-catering apartments designed and purpose built for student living.
The kitchens are fully equipped with all the essentials for student living. Broadstone offers students plenty of recreational areas, including two student lounges, a seminar room, reading room, roof deck, pool tables and vending machines.
Wireless (WIFI) internet access available in all areas of the complex and Ntl is provided in the living area and bedrooms – TV & DVD provided.
Public transport is available directly outside the complex.
- Laundry and Bed Linen
Smoking is strictly forbidden in all apartments and all areas of the Residence.