IH Cape Town is pleased to offer the Cambridge CELTA course for any student who might be interested in teaching English as a foreign language.
Not only will you get to experience the Cambridge CELTA course but our trainers will bring their wealth of teaching experience and other insights to enrich your overall learning journey.
The CELTA teacher training course is the original teacher training course for English Language teachers.
This course provides initial training and a Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA).
It is intended for those without previous experience who wish to enter the profession and for teachers with no previous training in this field.
Success in the Certificate has enabled many candidates to obtain their first teaching position: the course is highly regarded internationally by employers as providing sound initial training and a strong basis from which to develop as a teacher of English.
2014 Course Dates:
- 3rd Feb – 28th Feb
- 17th Mar – 11th Apr
- 19th May – 13th June
- 30th June – 25th July
- 11th Aug – 5th Sept
- 29th Sept – 24th Oct
Course fees include the Cambridge registration fee, tuition and stationery.
It does NOT include the cost of a teaching methodology book (approximately R500) or grammar book (approximately R520) that we recommend that you purchase.
These books will be available for purchase from IH Cape Town.
WHY THIS TRAINING COURSE?
- Probably the most internationally recognized certificate for teaching EFL/ESL in the world.
- Highly qualified and experienced trainers.
- Extensive supervised teaching practice.
- Personalized individual tutorials.
- Expert careers advice and access to the IH World Network of 140+ schools.
- Moderated by the University of Cambridge ESOL Teaching Awards
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context.
- Language analysis and awareness.
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing.
- Planning and resources.
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism.
- Classroom observation.
- Teaching practice.
Candidates must be at least 20 years old at the start of the course.
They must have a standard of education which would allow entrance to higher education in their country. They must have awareness of language, and a competence in English, both written and spoken, that enables them to follow the course.
They must also have the potential to develop into effective teachers.
Courses have a minimum of 120 contact hours, plus a further 80+ hours required for outside of class-time tasks, including assignments and lesson planning. This course is very intensive and requires a full-time commitment.
It is not possible or advisable to hold even a part-time job while on the course.
- Tel: CELTA Course English Language Course +27 21 433 0546 / CELTA Course English Language Course +27 21 433 0548
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org