Visit the German School
F+U Academy of Languages
The German school F+U Academy of Languages was founded in Heidelberg, Germany in 1980. It is the centerpiece of the F+U group and one of the largest language schools and test centers for foreign languages in Germany.
We are high in terms of quality and quantity: almost 9000 students from over 100 countries attend our language courses and examinations each year, attracted by the high quality of the language teachers, small classes and the state-of-the art technical equipment.
As a Test Centre, the the F+U Academy of Languages offers the largest variety of international assessments in Germany:
For English the F+U Academy of Languages offers TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication), LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry), for German, TestDaF ( Test für Deutsch als Fremdsprache), TestAS (Certification to demonstrate international applicants’ suitability for study), TELC (The European Language Certificate). You also have the possibility to take the DELF and DALF exams.
In 2004, a third field of excellence was opened: the Vocational School for Foreign Languages.
Students can study for the state recognized qualifications of Foreign Language Correspondent Clerk, Multilingual Correspondence Clerk, European Secretary and Translator.
The languages of choice are English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Russian and many more. Unique to the F+U group is the possibility to acquire a state-recognized qualification for the English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Russian language.
The German Course in Germany Consists of:
- General German Course in Heidelberg: 20 lessons of 45 minutes
Intensive German Course in Heidelberg: 30 lessons of 45 minutes
- Up to a maximum of 15 students per class (Average: 12 students)
- Students with some level of German will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced German teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the German School | F+U Academy of Languages
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages
- German course in Germany plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the German school in Germany
The school is situated near Bismarckplatz in the middle of the vibrant centre of the university city.
It is only 200 metres from the Neckar and 1.5 km away from the castle. The school is located in Hauptstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg (Germany).
View location on Google maps:
The school has:
- 75 multimedia-equipped classrooms (up to 90 in summer),
- 3 Internet rooms with 50 computers and a library.
- Free WLAN
- During break times you have the chance to enjoy a chat with colleagues on our terrace and balcony, or in the cafes located in the building.
Foreign Language Correspondence Clerk (state recognized)
Multilingual Correspondence Clerk (state recognition pending)
European Secretary (state recognized)
Translator (state recognized)
German as a Foreign Language
Other languages and IT
- ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
German TÜV (DIN EN ISO 9001:2008)
Officially recognised educational leave for the German, English, Spanish and Italian language courses.
Certification by Certqua (Society of German Economy for the promotion and certification of quality assurance system in the professional education)
“Leonardo da Vinci” internship programme
BAMF: The language school F+U is authorized to administer language exams required in order to get the German citizenship. (Integration courses)
German School – Course information
- Monday to Friday, 9 am – 12:15 pm
- The Standard Course embraces Grammar, Conversation, Listening comprehension and Reading comprehension
- Max. 15 students/class
- Monday to Friday, 9 am – 12:15 pm + 1:00 pm – 2.30 pm
- Standard Course plus module course
You can choose between different modules to work on different areas intensively: Business German, Conversation training, DSH/TestDaF preparation, Grammar or conversation
- Max. 15 students/class
- Student residence