.CDC Germany – Carl Duisberg Centren
Carl Duisberg Centren is a leading service enterprise in the area of international training and qualification.
Each year, we provide knowledge of foreign languages and intercultural competence, experience abroad and international expertise to several thousand people from all over the world. In addition, we also manage cross-border educational projects for the business community and public institutions.
With over 50 years experience as an international language provider, teaching German as a foreign language has always had an important focus in the work of Carl Duisberg Centren.
The company name goes back to the German industrialist and patron Carl Duisberg (1861-1935), who, even in the 1920s, made major contributions toward the international qualification of business executives and their junior staff. In this way, he created the basis for our commitment which has now already lasted many decades.
The Carl Duisberg Training Center Radolfzell
Radolfzell is located in southern Germany, directly on Lake Constance near the Swiss Alps. This small city and its charming and scenic surroundings have many leisure activities to offer year-round. Radolfzell on Lake Constance is an attractive place to learn the German language.
Since 1981, school pupils, college students, specialists and executives have been attending the German language courses offered at the Carl Duisberg Training Center Radolfzell. The school building is situated immediately adjacent to the Radolfzell City Gardens and offers a view of the historic, medieval center of town. The building itself was built in 1903 and is comfortably inviting“
Learning at the Carl Duisberg Training Center Radolfzell means:
- quickly feeling at home
- optimum support
- a personal, friendly atmosphere
- course participants from all over the world
- high leisure appeal year-round
- short distances to cover in the city.
The school building is three stories tall; the basement features a clubroom, along with washing machines and dryers. The first floor provides a cafeteria (open daily). There, you can strike up a conversation with your fellow course participants from all around the world.
The 2nd floor houses the secretary’s office and teachers’ lounge. You are welcome to enjoy free internet access on the PC located here.
The 3rd story is home to the media resource center, featuring a language lab, a computer and reading room and additional internet access points (including for your laptop). Our language school has eight modern classrooms.
The German Course in Radolfzell Consists of:
- 30 lesson Intensive language Course (24 TUs/week Group Course and 6 TUs per week Supervised self-study program)
- Up to a maximum of 15 students per class (Average: 10 students)
- Students with some level of German will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced German teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the German School in Radolfzell
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- German course in Radolfzell plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Internet use at the German school in Radolfzell
- Course certificate
- Level evaluation
- Course materials
- Lessons are held from Monday to Friday, except on public holidays. Classes in group courses that have to be canceled due to public holidays will not be replaced. For one-to-one classes other arrangements can be made. Classes will be held, as a rule, in the morning; during high season they may also be held in the afternoon.
- One training unit (TU) / lesson lasts 45 minutes.
- As a rule, if accommodation has been booked the arrival date is on the Sunday afternoon before the beginning of the course (unless it’s a public holiday). The departure is on the Saturday morning after the end of the course.
THE FOLLOWING SERVICES AND FEES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PRICE WHEN YOU BOOK A GERMAN COURSE AT CARL DUISBERG CENTREN:
- Registration fee
- Placement test
- Starter pack
- Weekly tests with direct feedback on your learning progress
- Leisure and culture program, e.g. sport, center parties, weekend trips (not including entrance fees etc.)
- Support with registration queries (e.g. visits to the town authorities dealing with foreigners) or help in emergencies (e.g. visiting a doctor)
- Free and internet access (Wi-Fi is available)
Our high product standard ensures sustained educational success – not to mention our customers’ satisfaction.
To ensure this, we are subject to routine quality controls. Our German Language Courses, Language Travel, and International School Programs departments are also certified under DIN EN ISO 9001.
View location on Google maps:
View Larger Map
Experience Germany – in our culture and leisure program
The best way to learn a foreign language is to use it in daily life. Carl Duisberg Centren offers you a wide range of ways to get to know your host country and to apply the German that you have learned. With our leisure time offers you will meet with the other participants from the school in the evening and on the weekend.
You will learn all about the sights and the culture of your chosen location. Together with your German teachers and the other members of your course, you can use what you have learned in class in real life. You will be astonished to see how quickly you will be able to make yourself understood in German.
The leisure time program includes tours of the city and the museums, sporting activities such as bowling or basketball, going out to clubs and student bars, as well as an afternoon at the movies, parties and international parties in the school.
The events in the school are, as a rule, free of charge, excursions and visits to institutions are offered at cost.
German Courses – Learn successfully at our Language Schools in Germany
The Intensive German Course Plus trains you to use the German language for business, studying or in a private sphere. In short term courses which comprise a minimum of one week (€250) you can put your newly acquired German knowledge into practice, or use your previous language knowledge more skillfully.
Prospective students, or participants wishing to take a professional qualification in Germany, can attend a long term course and systematically increase their German knowledge to reach the required language level in a foreseeable time scale.
Besides group training, a very important focus of the Intensive German Course Plus is self-study: in the Carl Duisberg media resource centers all the course participants have free usage of a multitude of self-study material at their disposal, including up-to-date computer learning programs.
Experienced tutors help participants to make optimal use of the wide range of material offered in the media resource center.
Intensive Course Plus – Conditions
- The minimum age is 16 all year round.
- Number of participants per group: minimum: 5, maximum: 15.
- Participants with previous language knowledge can start their course on Mondays (beginners must start on specific dates). A placement test will be carried out before the beginning of the course.
- Group course (TUs/week) 24
- Supervised Self-study Program (TUs/week) 6
Youth programs offered in Radolfzell every year:
- Summer Holiday Course for Teenagers from 11 to 14 years old
- Football Camp for Children between 10 & 14
- Dance Camp for Children between 10 & 14
- Winter Special for Teenagers From 15 years on
Additionally we offer further German Language Courses such as
- the Crash Course which consists of 24 TUs Group Course, 6 TUs Supervised self-study program + 5 or 10 One-to-one lessons; the minimum booking term is 1 week; price example: 2 weeks (5 One-to-one lessons): 930€
- the One-to-One Executive Course in which you can either book 20 One-to-one lessons or 40, in case of booking 40 weeks 5 times lunch with the trainer is included; price example: 1 week General German and Business German or Special language(e.g. Technical German, Law/Legal German etc. ) and 40 One-to-One lessons: 2.280 €
- Learning and Living at the Trainer’s Home with either 15, 20or 25 One-to-One lessons, accommodation at the trainer’s home, full board, leisure program upon consultation, 2 airport transfers upon request. Price example: 1 week (20 One-to-One lessons): 1.700 €
Accommodation in Radolfzell
If you book your accommodation with Carl Duisberg Centren you’ll be looked after by the service team in your chosen location. You can choose between a host family* and a room in a shared guest house**. All accommodation is a single room but a limited number of double rooms are available on request.