In 2005, IMEF and the Odyssea French Language Schools (created in 1983 and 2001 respectively) came together to form the Institut Européen de Français.
As a result of the merger the Institut Européen de Français now offers not only the widest variety of French courses in France but also has the highest level of teaching expertise.
So no matter what your linguistic requirements are we have the program that will best suit your needs.
L’Institut Européen de Français is situated a few miles away from the Mediterranean sea, in the heart of Montpellier’s pedestrianized historic city center with local access to all of the shops, museums, restaurants and amenities on offer.
The school itself occupies a beautifully renovated 17th century building and features bright, airy classrooms and learning areas which provide a perfect study environment for our students.
The French Course in Montpellier Consists of:
- General French Course in Montpellier: 22 lessons of 45 minutes
Intensive French Course in Montpellier: 28 lessons of 45 minutes
- Up to a maximum of 12 students per class (Average: 8 students)
- Students with some level of French will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced French teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the French School in Montpellier
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- French course in Montpellier plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Course certificate
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the French school in Montpellier
- Airport transfer included with homestay accommodation
- 7 classrooms, 12 students maximum per class
- Pedagogical resource center with over 4,000 reference materials
- Free unlimited Wi-Fi connection which can be accessed anywhere in the school. .
- Wide variety of activities which are offered “à la carte” all year long by Our dedicated cultural events team who is on hand to provide you with a fun, entertaining and authentically French experience.
- Free guided tour of Montpellier and a “welcome aperitif” are organized each week
- Student card which gives you access to discounts on various products and services in the city.
View location on Google maps:
View Larger Map
As part of our standard of quality, the Institut Européen de Français has been recognized by the following organizations and institutions as meeting the highest levels of language instruction here in France.
- We are a member of CampusFrance Agency, TANDEM International and Groupement FLE
- We hold the new French Ministry of Education quality label : Label Qualité FLE
- We are an official exam center for the CCIP (Paris Chamber of Commerce)
- We are one of the only private institutions that act as an official exam center for the Sorbonne University (Paris IV)
- We are a private institution of higher education recognized by the French ministry of education and culture.
- We are Bildungsurlaub accredited for all Germanic regions.
- We are CSN accredited for Sweden
The Institut Européen de Français functions in accordance with numerous public and private institutions around the world, which include: CNOUS, Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF), Egide, the European Union and the French ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense.
We use a communicative method based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which ensures that you will quickly develop the five language skills: listening, reading, interacting, expressing yourself orally and through writing.
- Classes are organised into groups of 7 people on average.
- Levels: A1 a C1
- Courses start each Monday.
- Complete beginners are accepted at special date
Standard Course (45’ per lesson) from Monday to Friday
- 22 lessons General French + 2 free workshop 45’ each
Intensive Course (45’ per lesson) from Monday to Friday
- 22 Lessons general french + 2 free workshops 45’ each + 6 lessons of conversation
This option is ideal for those looking for a total French immersion experience.
Homestay accommodation allows you to discover the culture and the rhythm of life “à la française”, and results in a faster progression of French language skills.
Host families are selected, with care, by our team and are bound by a quality contract with the Institut Européen de Français.
In order to best meet your requests and to ensure your total satisfaction while you stay in the South of France, we will send you a Homestay form which you will complete and send back to us.
This will give you the opportunity to highlight all of your requirements and any specific details (diet, allergies, hobbies, etc) so that we can place in the accommodation that best suits your needs.
Arrival and Departure
- Arrival at the family’s home in the afternoon, the day before the beginning of your courses.
- Departure on Saturday after breakfast, the day after your courses have ended.
Shared apartments are often the most economical option for accommodation in Montpellier and are a great way to get to meet other students studying here. This type of accommodation provides a sense of independence as you will be looking after yourself and quickly engaging with ‘la vie française’.
You’ll have a private bedroom and share the kitchen, dining room, and the bathroom with other occupants.
In general, there are 2 to 3 students to an apartment.
These rentals are selected with care by our team and are bound by quality contract with the Institut Européen de Français.
Arrival and Departure
- Arrival the Sunday before you begin your course during the afternoon.
- Departure Saturday morning, the day after you have finished your course.