French school in France
Institut de Touraine has been teaching the French Course in Touraine and culture to generations of young and adult students and French teachers since 1912.
This long-standing tradition of study in Touraine is above all a shared history.
In the space of a century, several generations of teachers have taught more than 200,000 students over periods of several weeks, months or a whole year. All of that represents countless memories, shared joys and new experiences. Beyond the quality of our programs, total immersion in French society is always a tremendous way of accelerating the learning process.
The French school in France, a multinational and multicultural establishment open all year round, has the good fortune to be able to welcome students from over 80 countries every year. This unique environment lets everyone interact and discover a shared language: French.
The French Course in Touraine Consists of:
- General French Course in Touraine.
- 20 lessons of 55min per week.
- Up to 10 students per class maximum.
- Native French teachers.
- French school in France.
- Accommodation in family or student residence.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for French course in Touraine
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- French course in Touraine plus accommodation
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Study materials
- Internet use at the French school in France
Our tuition fees include access to:
- The library
- The multimedia library
- Computer-assisted teaching resources
- Internet access (computer room and wireless hotspots on campus)
- Course materials for their French Course in Touraine (language methods, exercise books and documents)
“Half the world ignores how the other half lives”. This famous saying of François Rabelais (1483-1553), the great writer and native of Touraine, is still topical – a paradox, since the development of means of communication and international exchanges should on the contrary help us better understand other cultures.
At our French school in France Institut de Touraine, we do our utmost day after day, with the benevolent complicity of the students, to give the lie to François Rabelais.
Our French school in France Institut de Touraine has a large resource center at the disposal of its students during their French Course in Touraine, which includes:
- A library,
- A media library housing all its audiovisual material
- A computer-assisted teaching workshop
These areas of our French school in France allow students to study on their own, with the assistance and advice of specialized teaching and administrative staff.
They are a very useful complement to class work, allowing students to improve their knowledge of or revise certain points, prepare a class project, or simply relax while using their French!
French as a Foreign Language Quality
Our French school in France Institut de Touraine was awarded a quality label by the French Education and Foreign Affairs ministries in April 2007.
Institut de Touraine French school in France is thus one of the first French-language schools boasting the “French as a Foreign Language Quality” label, which was created in 2006 by the authorities after holding consultations with industry professionals.
The label guarantees our students and partners the reliability and quality of our establishment’s services throughout their stay:
- extra-curricular activities
- teaching premises and facilities
Obtaining this label was a major milestone in the life of our establishment, soon to be a hundred years old.
- People from all over the world come to learn French at our French school in France Institut de Touraine.
- We welcome over 2,500 students from all over the world each year.
- In the space of three years, people of over 130 nationalities have attended courses at the Institute. At any given point in the year, no fewer than 25 different nationalities rub shoulders in our courses.
- French is naturally the lingua franca of all our students.
The geographical breakdown of our students’ origins is very evenly spread (2010 figures):
- Europe 42%
- North America 27%
- Asia 17%
- South America 6%
- Australia 1%
This multiplicity of languages and mother tongues vastly enriches our classes and favors the learning process.
French Course in Touraine
French school in France students are assigned to courses matching their skills level. They take a placement test to assess their level before courses start.
Students may progress to the next level during their studies on their teacher’s recommendation if their progress so warrants.
The maximum number of students per class is 10. Several lessons (listening and speaking skills) are organized in smaller groups of 7 or 8 students to encourage discussion and speaking in public.
Courses are held from Monday to Friday, except for public holidays. Students are assessed on a regular basis.
2 week French Course at our French school in France:
- Intensive French Course in Touraine, with 20 hours per week (15 hours of morning class and 5 hours of conversation class in the afternoon)
3 – 8 week French Course at our French school in France:
- Intensive French Course in Touraine: 20 hours of class per week with 15 hours of general French (oral and written), 2 hours of phonetics (half class), 3 hours of optional courses and 1 hour of tutoring. Elective French Course in Touraine. Tutoring available.
- All courses start on Monday, usually the beginning of the month.
We can book any type of accommodation for you on request:
- Single room
- Breakfast and Dinner included
- Shared bathroom
University halls of residence
- Single room
- Shared bathroom
Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
Not included: Airfare, Airport transfers