CREA-LANGUES was established in 1984 by Annemarie Desmet and Jan Deweerdt. Our passion for the French language and Provence inspired us.
For more than 25 years, people from all four corners of the world have stayed with us to learn French in an ambiance that combines professionalism and pleasure of learning.
The quality of our teaching staff contributes directly to the success and reputation of our centre. Some have been with us from the beginning, others continue to join us, bringing with them fresh ideas and perspectives.
They are qualified and experienced, and combine a professional approach with a genuine passion to ensure your progress. CREA-LANGUES welcomes you in a delightful peaceful setting: a renovated Cistercian monastery tucked away among olive groves and fields of lavender, a place where you will want to study and relax.
We are at 6 km from Moustiers-Sainte-Marie, classified as one of the most beautiful villages of France. The school is in the heart of the ‘Parc Naturel du Verdon’, at 15 km from the «Gorges du Verdon» and the lake of Sainte-Croix ideal for water sports.
Numerous festivals and thriving weekly markets take place in the neighbouring villages and towns.
The international airport Marseille-Marignane is at 1h30’ from the school, Aix-TGV station at 1h15’.
The French Course in Provence Consists of:
- Intensive French Program: 30 hours per week
- General French Program: 20 hours per week
- Up to a maximum of 6 students per class
- Highly qualified, experienced French teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the French School in Provence / French Courses at CREA Langues
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- French course in small groups (3-6 participants) plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the school
- Course material fees
Why to choose CREA?
- 1 or 2 week residential total immersion courses from April till September
- Qualified and experienced teachers, combining professionalism and a passion for the region. They share mealtimes and evenings with you and accompany all activities.
- Daily 4 to 7 hours courses in small groups (3 to 6 people per level), per course maximum 20 people on the site. For all levels but beginners. Emphasis on oral skills.
- International adult public, studying French for pleasure or needing it for work purposes, minimum age 18, average age 40.
- Cultural, sports- and artistic activities, offered in the afternoons, evenings and during the weekends are part of our immersion programme, especially in the « à la carte »-programme. These activities – accompanied by our teachers – enable not only to enjoy the cultural and natural heritage of Provence, but also to put into practice the newly acquired French.
- Cooking workshop, wine and truffle tasting, discovering local delicacies, …
- Artistic workshops: aquarelle, engraving, painting, singing, discovery of the local handicrafts
- Theme weekends :‘sur les pas de Pagnol’, ‘le Festival d’Avignon’, ’Gastronomie’, ‘Aix-Cézanne’.
- Internet room and wifi free of charge
- Gardens, terrace, interior courtyards, salons, renovated chapel with grand piano
- Transfer to and from Marseille airport and Aix-TGV railway station
- On the domaine of the school, and available for free use : beautiful swimming pool (heated with solar panels), bicycles, ping-pong, badminton, petanque
- There are many foothpaths and tracks for walking and mountain biking nearby.
- Watersports on the ‘ Lac de Ste-Croix’ and in the Verdon canyon(sailing, canoeing, wind-surfing, canyoning,)
- In order to discover the grandiose surrounding in a sportive way, we offer activities during the weekend: trekking in the Verdon canyon, hiking, canyoning
- Label Qualité FLE
French courses in Provence
- Mornings : 3h45 min of general French in small groups per level (3 to 6 people)
- In the afternoon, we propose different programmes :
a) « L’intensif» : a further 2h15 of structured sessions around different themes and skills (“presse”, “français au quotidien”, “compréhension orale”, “atelier écriture”, “argot”, “pronunciation”, debate with guest speaker…)
b) «A la carte » accompanied by the teaching staff : excursions and varied activities (cultural, artistic, gastronomic, sportive) to discover the region and practice French in an informal way.
- Optional programmes : « Le français professionnel –4 sessions weekly» , “Private tuition : 2 sessions weekly”- “Thematic weekend options”
- Special programmes for interpreters, expats and teachers French as a foreign language;
- Tailormade group programmes : please contact us
- Summer courses for teens (12-14 and 15-18) in Gréoux-les-Bains.
High quality residential stay in a former 19th century Cistercian monastery which has been lovingly restored. (cloister, internal courtyards, adjacent terraces for outdoor meals, garden, swimming pool in domain of 16 acres).
Spacious single and double rooms. Provençal seasonal cooking by the chef, vegetables, herbs and fruit freshly picked from the kitchen garden of the monastery.