Why not Learn to Speak a Language?
Study French in Nice with alpha.b
Alpha.b is a French language school specialized in teaching French to foreigners making it an ideal location to learn to speak a language!
Our school is open year-round and our French courses are designed to all language levels.
Are you still at school, a University student or a business man? Or are you looking for a specialized course or rather for a golden age or a family course?
At Alpha.b we have the right program for you. Come and study French with us and discover our lovely school in the very heart of Nice!
Prices to Study French in Nice
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
Why to choose Alpha.b when you want to Learn to Speak a Language?
- Our school is known as one of the best schools in France
- 15 to 25 different nationalities per session
- Average of 5 to 8 students per French class (10 maximum)
- WIFI connection and free Internet access
- Premises with air-condition and private garden in the heart of Nice
- Varied weekly activity program offered year-round
- Quality control of all offered services
- Same administration and teaching staff for many years
- In-house accommodation service
- Independent, family-run French school under French-German management
A language course concept…
Knowing a language means being able to speak it, of course, but it also involves knowing its origin, participating in its culture, and living amongst its people.
A language course is a personal investment, a new experience and a different way of life, so you would expect to find:
- High quality courses
- Varied activities
- A warm welcome
- A friendly atmosphere and approachable staff
If you want to learn or improve your French on the French Riviera, if you like our concept of a language course, then your investment and our competence will guarantee our mutual success.
Accreditations and recognitions of our French language institute – your guarantee for quality
Vigilant against anything misleading in what we offer, we have gone ever further and now solicit veritable independent authorities to perform regular quality control checks on our school.
Alpha.b French language school is full member of:
- EAQUALS – European Association of Quality Language Services
- IALC – International Association of Language Centres
- Membre du Groupement FLE – La référence qualité.
- Alpha.b French language school has been inspected by the Austrian Ministry of Education.
- All services (French language courses, accommodation and activity program) has been marked GOOD / VERY GOOD.
- Le CSN – The Swedish National Board of Student Aid
- BILDUNGSURLAUB – further education (Germany). Our Intensive French Courses are accepted for Bildungsurlaub in several states. Please contact us for more information.
Learn to Speak a Language – Study French in Nice
20 lessons per week (9.00am – 10.40am / 11am – 12.20pm ) 1 to 24 weeks – All levels
All levels This French course offers you: Development of grammatical skills, improvement of vocabulary, oral expression, comprehension, reading and practice of written language. (There will always be a little homework to do for the next day)
30 lessons per week (9.00am – 10.40am / 11am – 12.20pm + 3 afternoons 1.15pm – 3.45pm) 1 to 24 weeks – All levels
Very thorough program: morning lessons similar to the Continuous French course + 10 lessons during three afternoons devoted to the practical application of your knowledge, an approach to cultural, social political and economic life in France. According to your level: opinion polls, debates, literature, history, theatre, music…
Good to know
- 1 lesson = 45 minutes.
- 5 to 8 students per class, maximum 10.
- A written and oral entrance test takes place on the first Monday morning.
- No group courses that day. Your course is starting on Tuesday.
- After your test, you are invited to take part in an orientation tour of Nice old town and the famous « Promenade des Anglais »
- Please note that from June to September some morning courses might take place in the late afternoon.
Our French Language Courses
Our method, called the direct method, allows you to apply your knowledge quickly and efficiently. It is based upon:
Team oral exercises. Role-playing, discussions, simulations, round tables, tape recordings, practical exercises in real life situations, video, games…
A “digestible” approach to learning grammar, developed from the student’s book (that is given to you upon your arrival) and permanently updated authentic documents … newspapers, narration, song lyrics, TV or radio broadcasts, exercises…
- Our teachers or rather pedagogues (all of whom are French and fully qualified) that are responsible for the harmony and dynamics of the group
- Experienced in pedagogical objectives
- Able to motivate and encourage you
- Club 50 – Golden Age French Course
Accommodation Nice Côte d’Azur – France
Your accommodation is booked for the Sunday preceding the start of your course, until the Saturday of your departure.
Alpha.b Student House**
You share a flat with other students from our school. The student house is located right in the town centre and within a 10 minutes walk to the school.
- Self-catering, shared facilities for kitchen and bathroom, WIFI and TV.
- Bed linen provided / you have to bring towels.
- Single room or double room
- Minimum age: 18 years / Minimum stay: 2 weeks
- Places are limited and we recommend an early booking.
The main selection criteria are their availability and their capacity to receive foreign guests in the best conditions possible. Our host families know how to combine all factors in order to make sure that you don’t feel too disorientated and that you can integrate yourself very quickly.
- Half board – Single room or double room
- It is the ideal way to discover the French way of life and to improve your language skills.
(Please note that to satisfy our requirements, some families we work with may be about 20 minutes from the school).