Oxford International Study Centre English school in Oxford is a well established college in the centre of Oxford. We are accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Colleges, which is one of the professional organizations licensed by the Government (along with the British Council) for approving independent colleges.
We are also associate members of the European Council of International Schools.
OISC English school in Oxford has a Highly Trusted Status UKBA license (Tier 4) for visa documentation.
Oxford International Study Centre English school in Oxford is situated in the very heart of the University City in the conservation area, between the Town Hall and Christ Church, Oxford most famous College.
The English school in Oxford occupies a beautiful and prestigious building which is over four hundred years old, and retains its beamed ceilings and many other original features.
The English Course in Oxford Consists of:
- General English Course in Oxford.
Business English Course in Oxford on request.
- Language Exam Preparation English Course in Oxford.
- 20 or 30 lessons of 45min per week.
- Up to 15 students per class.
- Native English teachers.
- Accommodation in family or summer residence.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for English school in Oxford
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages – +1 (800) 620-5567
- English course in Oxford plus accommodation
- Course Materials
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the English school in Oxford
Read a recent article submitted by OISC!
Students are taught in the English school in Oxford and in an adjacent building, and in summer Oxford International Study Centre also teaches many older students in a College of the University.
Contact them directly!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (1865) 201009
- Fax: +44 (1865) 201006
7, St Aldates, Oxford OX1 1BS
Oxford International Study Centre provides high quality year round and short programs which offer:
- Flexibility: many of the programs are tailor made to best meet the requirements of the individual student or Client Company;
- Excellent contacts with the University, enabling students and clients to be taught in the Colleges of the University in the vacations. Fully residential courses in the University are offered in summer and, subject to status, arrangements can be made for visiting academics to become members of the University libraries
- High caliber tutors and visiting speakers from academe or business
- A range of over twenty subject specialisms, enabling, for example, a student to combine academic English with a University preparation program;
- Strong links with a large number of British and European Schools, enabling younger students to prepare for entry to some of the best Boarding Schools;
- Good links with Oxford, Cambridge and other leading universities, and provision of individual educational counseling for students who wish to apply to a British University;
- A high level of pastoral care for students, including personal tutors and regular reports.
- Well-established links with Companies in the Oxford and London areas, enabling company clients to combine their Oxford program with meeting new business contacts.
Cultural Program and Excursions – English school in Oxford
We arrange a regular program of cultural activities and excursions in the summer, and at any time of year for groups. There are some cultural and social activities for individuals at all times of year, and excursions on some weekends. These include visits to Oxford’s Colleges, Museums and Galleries, and punting on the river in the summer. We can arrange for groups to have lunch or dinner in the university.
Students over sixteen are eligible to join a local Health and Sports Centre, at no additional cost. The Centre has an indoor pool, well-equipped gym, and squash courts
Oxford is well known as the home of discussion and debate. Many of our leading politicians began their careers at the Oxford University Union and Debating Society. OISC English school in Oxford students are able to become associate members of this Society if they are over 16 and staying for one academic year or more.
This year we are including in Oxford the opportunity to act scenes from a play in conjunction with a professional schools theatre group. This is great fun, and also very good practice for those who are learning English.
We are also providing a Companions Program. This enables international school and university students to meet with students of similar age from British schools and Universities. This is an excellent introduction to living and studying in Oxford and also the basis of future friendships. The students will join the British students for shopping, cinema visits, going for ice-cream etc, good fun for everyone!
Weekend excursions include London, Warwick, Stratford, Bath and Cambridge, as well as tours to the beautiful Cotswold countryside.
These programs take place year round, both for groups and individuals. In the summer older students are taught in the University. All courses train students to communicate clearly both in written and spoken usage.
We welcome all age groups and levels. Students are assessed on the first day, and there are four main courses:
- Group tuition (20lessons a week) English Course in Oxford
- Intensive Program (30 lessons a week) English Course in Oxford
- Combined Program (20 lessons + 5 or 10 individual lessons) English Course in Oxford
- Private tuition (10, 20, or 30 lessons a week) English Course in Oxford
Accommodation in Oxford
We (English school in Oxford) offer arrange of accommodation to meet each person’s preferences and budget. The options include:
- College of the University (age 17+): summer vacation only
- Oxford family: single room, most meals, with sharing option for friends
All family rooms are inspected by our accommodation manager. If you are a family or school group we can sometimes make special arrangements for you in shared houses. Please write to us with your plans and we will offer advice.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: Airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance, course materials.