The City of York
- An excellent student city with a very high percentage of English speaking students
- One of the most popular tourist cities in the UK
- Only 2 hours from London
- Direct rail-link to Manchester Airport
- 45 minutes from Leeds Airport with excellent links to Amsterdam and connecting KLM flights
- The cost of living is lower than in London
- A compact city – most hosts are within 2kms of the school
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages – +1 (800) 620-5567
The School’s Quality
- Melton College has a record of British Council Accreditation going back to the start of the Accreditation Scheme!
- Melton College is a member of IALC, an international marketing organization with its own quality assurance scheme
- Melton College is a Quality English school
- Melton College takes an active role in both EnglishUK and EnglishUK North
- Melton College is the only IELTS centre in York
The school building (View school location on a map!)
- Melton College has a beautiful building in beautiful and spacious grounds
- Melton College has a large garden, with sports facilities, available to our students
- Wi-Fi throughout the building
- Computer room
- Self-access material
- Guided E-Learning accounts for all our students from registration until 12 weeks after the course ends
- Excellently equipped classrooms including a class-set of netbooks
- 27 computers available for student use
- Facilities for students to heat their own food
- Two sunny conservatories
- A large south facing terrace
- Tennis and basketball courts and a covered table tennis area
- A beautiful garden with large areas of grass and picnic tables
- Melton College has nearly 50 years experience of welcoming students to York
- Melton College is a major open exam center -we are one of the largest IELTS centers in the UK
English courses in York:
General English*: Half-day program
- 9:15 to 12:45
- Monday thru Friday
The course offers 15 hours tuition per week. Half-day students are very much part of College life and can join all the activities on the social program, as well as the excursions.
General English Intensive*: Full-day program
- 9:15 to 15:15
- Monday thru Friday
Students receive 22.5 hours’ tuition each week, in addition to the morning tuition, a carefully structured afternoon program includes extra reading and listening practice, linked to some of the famous sites in the City; literature and extra speaking skills, including student-led presentations.
Study skills are included to help you make the most of your course.
All General English Course students can use the Melton College Guided e-learning system. This virtual environment helps students plan their studies, contact other students and participate in the College’s social life. Students continue to have access to the system for 3 months after their departure.
Also, all students have a face-to-face tutorial during their first week and then every two weeks.
Every student is assigned a personal tutor to monitor progress and to offer encouragement and advice. We arrange a full and varied social program and can introduce you to local sports clubs and societies.
Accommodation in York
Comfortable and safe accommodation, often within walking distance of the College, is available for all students. We believe that staying in local homes, carefully selected by the College, gives students the best opportunity to practice their English.
The College has around 140 families in York ready to welcome students into their homes.
Students live as part of the household and share meals and facilities with the families. We have many different types of host: families with children, couples and single people. We are always willing to try and help with requests.
Price includes: Single room, bed linen, blankets.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Sunday morning following end of course.
- Not included: Airfare, Course materials, Airport transfers