Katherine & King’s College of London
Situated in a beautiful listed building in the quiet London borough of Harrow, Katherine & King’s College of London (KKCL) has been a proud educator in the EFL sector since 2002.
Throughout the last 10 years we have been dedicated to providing quality General English courses and exam preparation courses to local and overseas students.
Our teachers are all fully qualified with a CELTA as the minimum, while some teachers have a DELTA, an MA or equivalent qualification.
Our location within London provides overseas learners with the convenience of a leading global city and of a rich cultural experience.
All our English courses follow and match the CEFR levels which form the base of the course aims and objectives. The lessons themselves are communicative, interactive, learner-centred and adaptable to different learning styles.
At the same time, the College has a further education department running business and accounting courses certified by ACCA and ABE and is conducting computer-based accounting exams as a certified ACCA Computer Based Exam centre.
The English Course in London Consists of:
- General English Course in London: 15 lessons per week
Intensive English Course in London: 21 lessons per week
- KKCL London Study Holidays
- Up to a maximum of 18 students per class (Average: 12 students)
- Students can start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced English teachers – – Points of Excellence were awarded in academic management by the British Council
- Planned social activities
Prices for the English School in London
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages – +1 (800) 620-5567
- English course in London plus half-board accommodation (where applicable)
- Progress test, end of level test, and end of course certificate
- Use of all academic and recreational facilities at KKCL
- Course materials
- Level evaluation
The school facilities
Students will have full use of all academic and recreational faculties at KKCL including:
- Bright, cosy classrooms
- Larger classrooms for events – we have regular social events for our students to enable them to have a rich cultural experience during their stay with KKCL
- Lounge and study area
- Networked IT lab and wifi internet
- Courtyard with fountain
View location on Google maps:
- British Council – Points of Excellence were noted in academic management
- Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) – Grade 1 (‘Exceeds Expectations’) across all three sections of standards assessment
- Educational Oversight and Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) requirements under the UKBA’s Tier-4 Points-based system
As a British Council accredited English language school, we draw strength from our experience in the sector to deliver the best practical knowledge using a wide range of approaches and the latest teaching techniques.
Our school was given ‘points of excellence’ for course design and implementation during our British Council inspection in winter 2011.
Course information and details
Lessons are carefully planned so that students progress at an appropriate pace, but they are flexible enough to accommodate the needs of individuals. Emphasis is placed on increasing fluency and general understanding of the English language.
The courses focus on:
- Speaking, listening, reading and writing skills
- Grammatical structures, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Discussions on English culture, tradition and current affairs
- Project work, crafts and creative activities
Materials used include a coursebook and workbook but also additional resources compiled from a variety of communicative activities books and resources using the latest approaches and teaching methods to achieve optimal results, while providing a fun and relaxed working atmosphere.
Some of the lessons are structured around project work and feature an element of task-based learning, which is always interesting as it revolves around real-life situations.
This approach allows students to enjoy the learning process and have a clear sense of accomplishment.
Lessons take place either in the classroom or in the PC lab, but they may also be held at different locations as required by project work.
At the end of the course, each student will receive a certificate of attendance stating the course name and CEFR equivalent of their level.
15 hours a week
Lessons run every weekday in three-hour blocks with breaks.
Each day offers integrated skills and communication focus, while one day a week is reserved for fluency practice only.
All our courses follow and match the CEFR levels which form the base of the course aims and objectives. The lessons themselves are communicative, interactive, learner-centred and adaptable to different learning styles.
21 hour option (intensive)
For those students with a special interest in speaking and discussions, on top of the morning programme, there is the additional Intensive English option, which offers participation in discussions and debates to improve conversation and presentation skills.
The additional 6 hours take place on two weekday afternoons and complement the morning programme.
Lessons feature group project work with newspapers and magazines, drama sketches, creative activities and games.
Other course available
- 2 weeks to 12 months General English
- ACCA (leading to BSc in Applied Accounting awarded by Oxford Brookes University)
- ABE Management Diploma level 4 to Postgraduate diploma – fast track to UK degree
- 6 month International Foundation Programme
- 6 month Pre-master Programme
- Cambridge Exam Preparation Course
- IELTS Preparation
- 1 – 2 Year A-level tuition
- Group bookings for London Study Holiday programme (English tuition + cultural trips and tours)
- 10 weeks courses for Chinese/Japanese/Spanish
The locations of our host families are within very short travelling distance from the college, with convenient access to public transport. Our host families are inspected and selected by us and our partner agencies to guarantee students a happy and rewarding experience.
London is a city bursting with diversity and different cultures and this is reflected in the homestays that we use. Although host families can come from any number of ethnic backgrounds, English is always the main language in the home. We always do our best to match the needs and requests of students during the allocation process.