“Since our foundation in 1977, we have become one of London’s premier English language schools. In that time, we have added new courses, accommodation and facilities, while maintaining the key to our original success – individual attention to each student.
Our enthusiastic teachers use up to date materials and teaching equipment, and our welcoming administrative staff are ready to help with any queries students may have.
The environment, both inside and outside the classroom, is friendly and relaxed and we all work as part of one team. We are proud of the balance we have developed between high academic standards and friendly informality, and our students enjoy the family atmosphere paired with high quality facilities and English language tuition.
Our Code of Practice
- Everyone who works at the school will:
- Help you with your studies in any possible way
- Speak to you in a polite and patient manner
- Solve any problem with your class, accommodation or welfare immediately, or tell you when it will be solved
- Encourage you to make the most of your time in London
The Local Area of Hampstead, North London
Hampstead is one of London’s best-preserved old villages, surrounded by 800 acres of countryside known as the Heath. Many writers, intellectuals and celebrities have lived and still live in Hampstead Village and around the Heath.
The location combines the advantages of having the centre within easy reach and varied accommodation choices very close to the school. Students have the benefit of living in a residential area with the attractions of central London within easy access.
Our facilities reflect the importance we place on you.
- Professional Suite: The newly launched Professional Suite offers VIP facilities for students on our executive courses.
- Computer Room: Our Computer Room has 24 computers, giving fast and efficient Internet access.
- Classrooms: All of our classrooms have a television, a DVD/VCR player and a CD/cassette player.
- Library: Our Library is well stocked with contemporary learning materials and media for practicing and developing different language skills.
- Canteen: Our canteen serves hot and cold food throughout the day and offers great value for money.
- Outdoor Areas: We have two patios where you can relax at break times and after classes.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
General English Language Course, 20 or 25 lessons per week (50 minutes per lesson), 15 student max. per group
Prices includes course, all registration fees, level assessment upon arrival, certificate upon completion of course.
|Number of weeks:||2||3||4||6||8||12|
|HOMESTAY* + GENERAL COURSE||£1,057||£1,535||£2,013||£2,819||£3,633||£5,201|
|HOMESTAY* + INTENSIVE COURSE||£1,197||£1,742||£2,265||£3,293||£4,289||£5,993|
|GENERAL COURSE ONLY||£651||£926||£1,201||£1,601||£2,009||£2,765|
|INTENSIVE COURSE ONLY||£791||£1,133||£1,453||£2,075||£2,665||£3,557|
- Add £21 per week during the high season (July/August)
General English course in London
We offer a wide range of General English courses, designed to be as flexible as you need them to be.
- Study for: 20 or 25 hours per week
- Group Size: Maximum 15 (standard)
- Start Date: Any Monday (except Bank Holidays)
- Course Length: Flexible, minimum 1 week
- Minimum Age: 18
- Ideal course for: All – Professionals, students, graduates
The General English classes concentrate on improving every aspect of your English. We firmly believe in developing each student’s communicative competence so that you are able to activate the language you already have, and build on this further in a stimulating and motivating environment.
In any typical week, you will work on developing and improving communication skills and the focus in the classroom is on using language in real situations.
In your General English class, you will work on:
- Spoken production
- Spoken interaction
- Homestay* (Add £21 per week during the high season (July/August))
Single room, half-board, 15 – 30 minutes from school
An insight into British life at home
Living in a private home gives you contact with English speakers and an insight into life in London. Our welcoming, experienced homestays all speak native or near-native English and are visited by us regularly to maintain standards. We have developed long-lasting relationships with many of our homestays and this familiarity means we can match your preferences with the best possible homestay for you.
- Kings Residence – July & August only** (contact for rates and availability)
Kings, a college of the University of London, has a large student residence opposite Hampstead School of English. In the summer, the accommodation is available for Hampstead School students. Most of the rooms are single; bathrooms and toilets are shared and are cleaned once a day. There is a large restaurant, which serves buffet style breakfast and dinner and students can book for Bed & Breakfast or half board. Students staying at the Kings Residence also enjoy the convenience of easy travel routes to central London as well as a two minute walk to the school.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: Airfare, Airport transfers, course materials, medical insurance
View the Hampstead School of English website: http://www.hampstead-english.com/