ELC was founded in 1962 and is a non-profit making charitable educational foundation. Since 1962, we have grown to become one of the leading schools in the UK through providing quality English language teaching to international students.
Our status as a charitable educational foundation means we invest all our surpluses in the services we offer our students and clients. In this way we can help you achieve your goals.
ELC provides up-to-date facilities in a historic setting. 33 Palmeira Mansions where ELC has been based since it was founded still retains many of the original features from its Victorian heritage
Brighton & Hove, on England’s south coast, is one of the UK’s finest cities. It offers a great environment to study in and is only 80 kilometres from London, with easy access to Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages – +1 (800) 620-5567
At ELC we offer you:
- a friendly, caring and safe learning environment
- highly experienced and professional teachers
- mixed-nationality classes
- all course books and teaching materials
- a full program of social activities and excursions
- a free advice service to help with university application
- an Accommodation Department to help you find the right place to stay
- an optional Airport Transfer Service
- Email address for direct inquiries: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 1273 721771
ELC offers a comprehensive range of facilities, including free WLAN in the main buildings.
- Student Lounge with flat-screen TV and daily newspapers
- Student Common Room with flat-screen TV and daily newspapers
- Student ‘Kitchen’ with microwaves, kettles and drinks machines
- Lecture Hall with interactive whiteboard for DVD evenings
- Multi Media Study Centre specially built to help you learn more effectively with:
- spacious study facilities
- networked PCs with free internet, a large range of language study programs and virtual language laboratory
- free WLAN and separate connections for laptops
- qualified teacher as supervisor to advise and guide your study
- a large selection of books, videos, cassettes, worksheets
- listening, video and DVD library
- exam practice materials (IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEIC, TOEFL)
- open every afternoon after lessons for further study.
ELC organises a full programme of weekend excursions and afternoon and evening social activities. There is something to do or see every day of the week.
Typical Course Content
The General English Courses are designed to give you the confidence to communicate effectively in real-life situations.
It provides effective training for students who need English for work, study or travel. In addition it can help provide preparation for a number of exams including IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, KET and PET.
You can choose either:
- 25 lessons General English (all levels)
- 30 lessons General English (all levels)
- placement test to ensure a class at the right level
- regular progress checks
- daily homework
- multi-national classes
- at least one lesson a week in the computer laboratory
- all course material provided
- regular tutorials with class teacher to give study advice
- use of the Study Center after lessons
- end of course certificate with hours of study and final level
Living in homestay accommodation provides you with the perfect opportunity to experience English life and to practise using your English in everyday situations. All our homestays are carefully selected by our Accommodation Department who understand the needs of students from other countries.
- carefully selected homestay accommodation
- friendly, safe environment
- single bedrooms with study facilities
- breakfast and evening meal served every day
- only one person of the same nationality per home unless you ask to stay in the same home as a friend
- executive host families available on request
- shared rooms available on request for two people travelling together
All our homestays are carefully selected by our Accommodation Department who understand the needs of students from other countries. Homestay provides a friendly, safe and homely environment.
- Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
- Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance