Introducing Eastbourne School of English
Established in 1936, Eastbourne School of English is a non-profit educational trust with more than 75 years’ experience offering quality English language courses and Teacher Training courses.
We offer a wide range of courses to meet the expectations of our students in the new millennium.
Eastbourne School of English is operated by The English Language Centre Ltd. The English Language Centre Ltd has been licensed by the UK Border Agency as a Highly Trusted Sponsor to enroll international students under Tier 4 of the Points Based System for its centres in Brighton and Eastbourne. Sponsor Licence Number P783NJ766.
For more information about Tier 4 (General) student visas: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/adult-students/
Prices / Courses and Accommodation
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages – +1 (800) 620-5567
Eastbourne School of English remains an independent school with a clear commitment to excellence in teaching and a genuine care for the welfare of our students.
We are committed to providing our students with:
- a serious study programme
- well qualified and experienced staff
- the highest possible professional standards
- a successful and enjoyable learning experience
- personal service
- friendly and welcoming host families
- a lively and exciting social program
Eastbourne School of English is very well equipped to provide English language courses:
- 20 classrooms, most with video, all with audio equipment
- 3 interactive white boards
- a self-access Learning Centre with free broadband internet and email, TVs with video, a language laboratory as well as lots of other materials to help you study independently
- a student kitchen with tea, coffee and snacks
- a student lounge with TV, DVD player, free Wi-Fi Internet access, table tennis, pool table and other games
- two lovely gardens
- a student bookshop and library
… and we are right in the centre of town so lots of other facilities and the shopping centre are close to hand.
The Learning Centre
We built the Learning Centre to help you learn the English you need. In the centre, you will find:
- fast, free, broadband Internet-connected computers
- an audio-tape language laboratory
- TVs with off-air, text and video facilities
- a library and quiet work room
- lots of listening, speaking, grammar, reading and examination practice materials
- The centre covers one complete floor of the School and is in three sections
The centre is open when the School is and you can use it with your class and teachers as well as after class and at break times. The centre is designed for students to make the best of their English language courses and Teacher Training courses at Eastbourne School of English.
General English courses
The General English Course is designed to give you the confidence and fluency to communicate effectively in real-life situations.
The course provides a balanced program, focusing on the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing, whilst covering essential grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, idioms and colloquial language. It provides effective training for students who need English for work, study or life.
In addition it can help provide preparation for a number of exams including IELTS, BEC, TOEIC, KET and PET.
You can choose either:
- 25 lessons General English (GEA)
- 30 lessons General English (GEB)
- 20 lessons General English + 10 lessons of special options:
General English +IELTS (GEI)
General English + One-to-One (GEO)
General English Plus Options
English plus Golf (GE+G)
Practise and develop your golfing skills in the beautiful South Downs. You will have 3 afternoon golf lessons per week led by a professional golf coach.
English plus Tennis (GE+T)
Our expert coaches will help you to improve all aspects of your game. You will have 3 afternoon tennis lessons per week led by a professional tennis coach.
English plus Natural Health (GE+NH)
Choose from a wide range of natural fitness and therapy classes. You will have 3 natural fitness classes per week (e.g. Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi) and 1 complementary therapy per week (e.g. Alexander, Bowen, Reiki, Reflexology).
English plus Rugby (GE+R)
Practise your rugby skills or learn a new sport. You will get one introductory lesson of English for rugby in addition to two evening rugby practices per week. If you are selected for a team, you may also get a full match at weekends.
Accommodation in Eastbourne
- Welcoming host families*
English language courses are not complete without homestays! Stay with one of our carefully selected host families and you will experience the British way of life. You will have the chance to practise your English naturally. All our families have a real interest in meeting and looking after students and will give you a memorable and enjoyable experience.
Tell us about any special requests when you book your homestay accommodation and we will do our best to find the perfect host family for you. Our homestay service includes single or shared room, breakfast and evening meal, with lunch in addition at weekends. Our Accommodation Officer is there to help you with any questions you may have about living in an English home.
Eastbourne is a medium-sized town, so all students are able to walk to school from their host family accommodation.
Our full-time Accommodation Officer personally inspects all host families. Families are revisited every two years to check that standards are being maintained. All host families sign a contract with us. This specifies in detail the service they have agreed to offer our students.
- Shared Student Houses**
Affordable self‐catering accommodation in shared houses is available in the centre of Eastbourne just five to ten minutes’ walk from the school and the town centre.
All houses are decorated and maintained to a high standard by our letting partners.
- Large rooms with double beds, storage space, desk.
- Bed linen is provided.
- Shared bath/shower rooms. (x2 in larger houses)
- Shared kitchens with all cooking equipment provided. (x2 in larger houses)
- Free wireless internet access.
- 5-10 people per house, groups welcome, room share welcome (- large rooms with double bed).
- Minimum age 18 years
- Available all year round
Accommodation is at students’ disposal from the Sunday before beginning of course until the Saturday morning following end of course.
Not included: airfare, airport transfers, medical insurance