Try the Centre for English Studies
When it comes to Education, Leeds has a very good reputation. Its two universities are internationally renowned, with world-class research facilities and two top business schools.
Many students go on to work in the local economy, where there are excellent career opportunities – why not try the Centre for English Studies today?.
The city has eight colleges of higher and further education, including Leeds City College and Leeds College of Music.
Award Winning School!
We were shortlisted for the same award again in 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011.
CES Leeds is the ONLY school to have been nominated 5 times for this prestigious award.
The English Course in CES Leeds Consists of:
- General English Course in Leeds: 20 lessons of 45 minutes
Intensive English Course in Leeds: 30 lessons of 45 minutes
- Up to a maximum of 14 students per class (Average: 12 students)
- Students with some level of English will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced English teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the Centre for English Studies
See the full price list on the schools website!
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages
- English course in Leeds plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Course certificate
- Course materials
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Internet use at the English school in Leeds
Our main school building is based at 9 Park Place, a beautiful Grade 2 Listed Georgian building.The school building is spacious and self-contained, occupying four floors.
Right in the heart of the city centre, CES Leeds is surrounded by all the best tourist and cultural attractions in Leeds. We are located just five minutes away from the fashionable shopping area. It takes only five minutes to get to the train station and to the Headrow where all the main bus routes stop.
- 11 recently re-furbished classrooms
- A dedicated self-access centre with graded-readers/DVD/CD lending library and a 12 brand new computers
- Free high speed broadband internet
- Free WiFi
- Guided E Learning pre/ during and post course/ CES online and on the go
- Common room/student lounge with sofas, TV / video / DVD.
- Class-set of computer tablets for multimedia lessons
Our classrooms are spacious and centrally heated throughout, with large desks and comfortable chairs, offering a relaxing environment in which to learn.
We provide free broadband internet access and English language learning sites for self study on all our computers.
Our student common room offers large comfortable sofas to relax in between classes.
There are many excellent cafes and sandwich shops offering a range of hot & cold food and drinks, within a short distance from the school.
CES Leeds Location
Leeds is a city in, and metropolitan borough of, West Yorkshire. The entire city has a population of 800,000 people. Leeds is the UK’s largest centre for business, legal, and financial services outside London.
Leeds has a stunningly beautiful city centre which is complemented by stunning local countryside, including the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, which lie within easy reach.
Leeds is flourishing as a cultural centre, and the thriving student community is testament to this. The city’s safe, friendly environment, fantastic lifestyle and comparative affordability make it the ideal location to live and learn.
By night, Leeds really comes alive with its wide array of restaurants, bars, clubs and other entertainment. There is a broad range of cultural attractions, including renowned theatre, opera and ballet companies. There is something to appeal to everyone.
View location on Google maps:
Social & Cultural Programme
CES run a wide and varied social & cultural throughout the year. Throughout the year we organise a varied and interesting social and cultural programme for all our students.
You will have the opportunity to visit museums and historic sites, tours and excursions (subject to seasonal demand). In the evenings we arrange visits to pubs, cafes and theatres.
During July, August and September the programmes are extended so you will have even more choice of different things to do in the afternoons and evenings. All activities on our social programme are accompanied by our equally famous ‘Yellow Shirts’.
- Full Day Excursions: Tours offered for example are Scarborough, Whitby, York, Skipton Castle and Caves
- Half Day Excursions: Tours offered for example are Knaresborough, Yorkshire Dales, Harrogate, Football Matches (Leeds United)
- Afternoon Activities: Tropical World and Roundhay Park, DVD film shows, local museum visits, local art gallery visits, sports, Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds museums, Royal Armouries
- Evening Activities: Bowling, cinema evenings,, pub quizzes and karaoke.
Accredited by the British Council
Courses and Accommodation
- Standard General English– 20 lessons tuition per week
9.30am– 1.00pm Mon to Fri
- Intensive General English- 30 lessons tuition per week
9.30am-1.00pm Mon to Fri & 2.00pm-4.30pm Tues, Weds, Thurs
- Combination Course– 20 lessons General + 5 hours 1 to 1 per week
- Examination Preparation– Cambridge FCE / CAE / TOIEC
- IELTS – Preparation Courses / Academic English – 30 lessons per week
This course combines our Standard General English Course with Academic English including IELTS preparation
- Individual Tuition– English for Special Purposes
- Winter Stage Programmes – School Groups – September – May
- Young Learner Summer Program
- Homestay Accommodation
- Halls of Residence
- Liberty Park
Standard rooms are all en-suite and share communal areas which include a fully fitted kitchen, a living area and a breakfast bar.
Studio apartments are self-contained. The accommodation is arranged in 4, 5 and 6 bed flats and 31 studio apartments.
Liberty Park supply bedding, towel, crockery/kitchen equipment within the rental cost. Broadband and utility bills are also included (for students staying longer than 1 week). There is on-site staff and security 24 hours a day.
Carr Mills Accommodation Each flat has large spacious fully fitted kitchen/diner rooms with widescreen free-view TVs. Hot and cold drinks and snack machines are available. Students have to provide their own bedding and kitchen utensils. Internet is available in all rooms. CCTV monitoring on-site. There is also a 24/7 laundry room.