Crest English plus Work Experience
The Crest English and Work Experience programme is a fantastic opportunity to improve your English and to practise the language in a natural, working environment at the same time as gaining valuable experience in a UK-based company.
What the course consists of…
Initial study period:
- Students will take part in a full-time General English course for 15 hours per week.
- General English classes focus on the development of all language skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking, while also helping to improve your grammar, pronunciation and fluency.
- Advice will be given to students regarding their work placement.
- Homestay accommodation can be arranged by Crest Schools of English for the duration of the study period.
The work placement provided can be anywhere in the UK. Students cannot reject an offer due to its location or size.
1. Unpaid internship. This is a vocational work experience e.g. in Marketing, Fashion, Finance, Law, Business, etc
2. A paid hospitality work experience. Participants will be paid UK minimum wage (approximately £6.08 per hour for adults aged 21 years+ and £4.98 per hour for adults ages 18-20 years).
Participants may work from 4 to 48 weeks (there is more availability on longer programmes and the minimum placement for paid hospitality work experience is normally 6 months) and will usually study a minimum of 4 weeks beforehand.
- Students must be between 18 and 35 years of age. Although we may be able to place students older than 35, depending on their experiences.
- Students must have a good level of English to be eligible for a work placement.
- An application form must be filled in and sent to us along with a CV, Statement of Motivation and copy of ID/passport.
- Police check.
- Health check.
1. Submit all required documents. Students can start any Monday and we accept applications throughout the year. When applying, students should take into account the length of time needed to reach the required level of English.
2. We will contact you within 24 hours
3. Make the full payments to receive the letter of acceptance
4. Start the English language course. A face-to-face or telephone interview for the work placement may be arranged during the study period
5. One placement at a time will be offered. It is very unusual for a student to refuse a placement.
6. Work placement begins. Your progress and performance are monitored by the employer and full support will be given from Crest Schools of English to assist with any difficulties.
7. At the end of the placement, students should complete a quality assurance feedback form and will receive a Crest Certificate. The company will also complete an achievement report, which will be valuable when applying for future work.
About Crest Schools of English
Crest Schools of English is British Council Accredited, is a Member of English UK and a Founding Member of Work Experience UK.
Crest Schools of English is also affiliated with London Crest Open Centre, one of the largest Cambridge Examination Centres in the UK. We have been teaching English to students from around the world for nearly 30 years and have gained a reputation for excellent teaching at affordable prices.
For more information on the Crest English and Work Experience Programme, or for any other enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Zoe Box.