CLUB 50 plus: The Golden Sicily Experience!
See their full school profile: Babilonia
Learn Italian with other mature people in your own particular age group!
This course will give you the opportunity to Learn Italian while experiencing all that Sicily has to offer. Enjoy its culture, wine, cuisine and cooking while making friends with like-minded individuals.
Learn Italian in group courses in the morning while participating in a whole range of cultural activities and excursions in the afternoons and evenings.
The CLUB 50+ program in Taormina is a 2 week program.
The CLUB 50+ program includes:
- 2 week standard group Italian course
- Homestay accommodation (private room, half board meal plan)
- Course certificate
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Internet use at the Italian school at Babilonia
- Teaching materials
- In-school and outdoor insurance
- Extra-curricular activities
- Student card for in-town discounts
- Air-conditioned classroom
The course schedule follows:
- Monday: Guided tour of Taormina
- Tuesday: Lecture: “Words & images of Sicily”
- Wednesday: Half-day trip to Etna
- Thursday: Creative afternoon: hands-on ceramics and wood decoration
- Friday: Sicilian cooking lesson (presentation, cooking & tasting)
- Saturday: Free day
- Sunday: Full day trip to Agrigento (Greek temples valley) and Piazza Armerina (Villa Romana del Casale)
- Monday: Dinner with all other students from school (optional, not included in the price)
- Tuesday: Lecture: “Myths and legends of Sicily”
- Wednesday: Half-day trip to Syracuse (archaeological site) and Ortigia (Syracuse baroque area)
- Thursday: Wines & pastry of Sicily (presentation & tasting)
- Friday: Free day
See this course on the Babilonia website: http://www.babilonia.it/