Our language school was founded in 1992 as Escuela de idiomas Violeta Parra, and has become a member of TANDEM-International -a network of quality schools- adapting the name Tandem Santiago in 1996.
We offer Spanish language courses at the school, family home stays and accommodation in boarding houses, hotels or apartments, assuring individual service in a friendly atmosphere.
Our Spanish language school is situated in a beautiful old mansion, built in the beginning of the 20th century, in Providencia -the modern Santiago- near popular parks, and little restaurants, just a few minutes from the underground station “Salvador” at the entrance of the famous “Barrio Bellavista”.
Since 1985 a profusion of restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, and small theaters have sprung up here. The neighbourhood is a magnet for students, artists and craftsmen.
The Spanish Course in Santiago Consists of:
- Intensive Spanish Course in Santiago: 20 group lessons
Super-Intensive Spanish Course in Santiago: 30 group lessons
- Up to a maximum of 7 students per class (Average: 4 students)
- All students will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced Spanish teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the Spanish School in Santiago, Chili
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Spanish course in Santiago plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the Spanish school in Santiago.
- Registration fees
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
Information about your school facilities
- Lounge with coffee machine, snack machine, 4 computers with internet access
- WIFI in all rooms
- Library and video rental
- Garden terrace with ping pong table
- Since 2008 we are one of the few from the Cervantes Institute recognized DELE examination Centres in Chile
- Founding Member of ACHELE – Asociación Chilena de Escuelas de Español
- Our courses are accredited by the Universidad autónoma Bolivariana in Santiago, which makes our courses valid for university credits worldwide.
- Tandem International quality seal
Spanish courses in Chili
Start and Duration
Spanish group classes start every Monday during the whole year. Each of our 7 levels is limited to a maximum of seven students. Our medium class size is 4 students. Out of high-season months like January-February and July-August you might find even smaller classes. In case there is only one student at a level, the number of daily lessons is reduced from 4 to 2 (intensive program), from 6 to 3 (superintensive program) or from 7 to 4 lessons (crash course) each lasting 45 minutes.
- 20 classes of 45 minutes / week
- Minimum course duration: 2 weeks
- Schedule: 09:30 – 11:00 and 11:30 -13:00
- 30 classes of 45 minutes / week
- Minimum course duration: 1 week
- Schedule: 09:30 – 11:00 and 11:30 -13:00 and 14:30 – 16:00
The course price includes all course material. Every Monday we welcome the new students with empanadas and vine. Once a week we offer a free excursion to interesting places in Santiago like the house of Pablo Neruda or a vineyard. Students with more than 4 daily lessons on those days, choose either having classes or the afternoon activity.
On the weekends, we organize excursions to the Andes, to National Parks or to the Pacific coast and Valparaíso/Viña del Mar, including picnic, trekking, rafting etc. These activities are not included in the course price.
Spanish Group Instruction is divided into nine levels, each level of 1 week duration:
- Spanish for Beginners I and II
- Basic Spanish I and II
- Intermediate Spanish I, II and IIB
- Advanced Spanish I and II
Our Spanish courses differ from those of other language schools in Santiago in terms of progression and, related to this, the short duration.
We work with seven different levels. Each level has 1 week of duration, which means, that we pass the fundamental Spanish grammar in only 7 weeks, whereas other schools take 3 month for the same offering only a three level structure! This is your fast track to the Spanish language.
Our method is interactive and communicative, with afternoon activities for practicing (i.e. at museums, markets at the “tandem meeting” etc.), emphasising morning classes in grammar. All our Spanish teachers have long years of experience and are native Spanish speakers with university degrees. In accordance with the TANDEM-Method, we arrange for you a Chilean language partner.
We offer carefully selected accommodation of many different kinds for the time you are taking a course and also absolutely independent from the booking of a course.
Generally you share with one Chilean flat owner and maybe one or more foreign language students. Single or double rooms available with shared bathroom. You can make use of the kitchen, living room and washing machine. The change of sheets and towels and the weekly room cleaning are inlcuded services. Mostly walking distance from school.
Another private lodging with breakfast or half board service is the family homestay. We strongly recommend this option for adaptable student who want to get in touch with the culture and normal Chilean middle class people. As family homestay we understand a private room in a household of one or more Chileans who provide service of meals and who will share part of their time with you.
These houses are carefully selected and proofed to be excellent campaigners, which provide the student a insight in the Chilean family life. Even when some of them live alone, their circle of family and friends will always be around offering possibility to interact in true social contexts. Best for practicing the language and getting in touch with the people and culture.