CELTA – LILA Liverpool
CELTA is the world’s most recognised EFL qualification and your first reliable step to teaching anywhere in the world.
The Cambridge Certificate In English Language Teaching To Adults is an Internationally recognised, externally accredited TEFL course. This course provides fluent speakers of English with high quality training in teaching English as a foreign language, and it’s taken by over 10,000 candidates each year.
Ideal for people with no teaching experience as well as teachers who are already in the profession, but who have no formal or practical teaching qualification.
FULL-TIME 4 WEEK INTENSIVE COURSE:
- Provides a minimum of 120 contact hours between tutors and trainees involving input, tutorial support, supervised lesson planning, feedback, and peer observation
- Requires the submission by each candidate of a portfolio of work including materials related to teaching practice and written assignments
- Includes six hours of assessed teaching practice per trainee
- Includes six hours of classroom observation of experienced ELT professionals
- Runs two days a week on Fridays and Saturdays
- Includes 6 hours of observations of experienced teachers to be carried out during the week
- Includes 6 hours of assessed teaching practice with feedback to be carried out on Fridays & Saturdays