Students at EC Montreal enjoy cultural events, entertainment, fabulous shopping and a vibrant nightlife.
The world’s largest bilingual city, Montreal offers a friendly, warm and lively downtown where people meet day and evening. An excellent transport system is linked to a bustling underground city.
Just an hour away, the Laurentian Mountains offer opportunities for sporting activities, winter and summer.
Our modern school is located in the Faubourg shopping mall in the city centre. We also offer you the chance to learn French in Montreal.
- Classrooms: 23 big, bright classrooms.
- Computers & Internet: Access to 20 internet connected computers.
- Wi-Fi: Free wireless internet access throughout the centre.
- Self-Study Room: Student resources for independent study.
The English Course in Montreal Consists of:
- General English Course in Montreal: 20 lessons of 50 minutes
Intensive English Course in Montreal: 30 lessons of 50 minutes
- Up to a maximum of 15 students per class (Average: 12 students)
- Students with some level of English will be able to start any Monday
- Highly qualified, experienced English teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the English School in Montreal
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- English course in Montreal plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Internet use at the English school in Montreal
- Course certificate
- Level evaluation
- Constant evaluation
Our location in Downtown Montreal
- On St. Catherine Street, Montreal’s main shopping street.
- Located in the Faubourg shopping mall.
- Subway and bus close to school.
View location on Google maps:
Arrival and First Day in Montreal
It is easy to travel to EC Montreal school by public transit. Students should allow themselves plenty of time on their first day to arrive at school. We ask students to bring along their passport, health insurance policy, Letter of Acceptance, Study Permit, proof of health insurance (for the entire length of programme) and funds for payment of any outstanding fees.
First day begins at 08:30. Proof of insurance is necessary in order for the student to start class.
Once students arrive at the school, they are evaluated so that we can place them in the appropriate level. The evaluation consists of a written and an oral test.
On first day, students have the evaluation, registration, and information session about school services, as well as a guided walking tour of the school surroundings.
It takes approximately 3 to 4 hours to complete all the steps of registration on the first day. In the months of July through September, it may take longer.
24 Lessons and 30 Lessons students begin their classes as of 14:10 on the first day. All other students begin their classes at 09:00 on the next day.
Montreal – General English – Canada
Suitable for every learner, our General English courses improve your skills, giving you a practical understanding of the language and how to use it.
You’ll get more out of this course if
- Your level is between Beginner and Advanced.
- You want to improve your English with free-time spent in an English speaking country.
- You want to improve your English level quickly and effectively while gaining confidence.
- You want to improve your fluency and real understanding of English in everyday situations and contexts.
What can you expect on this course?
You will experience how your chosen language is spoken and used in many real-life situations.
Relevant and engaging lessons will develop your understanding of grammar, vocabulary, idioms and pronunciation, and allow you practise the four skills of everyday communication: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
General English 30
Students taking the 30 lessons per week option benefit from more exposure in the classroom, which is extremely valuable.
General English students have access to the following courses, which are offered on a rotational basis. Some courses have a minimum entry requirement.
- BEC Vantage
- Communicative Writing
- Conversation Skills
- Idioms in Conversation
- Listening & Speaking
- Pronunciation & Speaking
- Pronunciation & Vocabulary
- Reading & Vocabulary
- Situational Conversation
- Survival English
- Workplace Readiness
Stay with a Montreal family
Staying with a Canadian family gives you the chance to practice your English with a real local family and experience the culture.
Homestays reflect Canada’s multicultural diversity as long as English is the language of the home.
We inspect all of the homes and train our host families. Our accommodation staff are available full-time at the school if you need any help. Accommodation staff monitor every homestay experience.
- Homestay placements to suit your needs
- You will be the only speaker of your native language in the house
- Single room with clean sheets and towels
- Breakfast and evening meals
- Our homestays all live within 60 minutes travel time to EC Montréal, with an average of 35 – 45 minutes.
Apartment living in Montreal
This beautiful residence has many modern features. Each apartment is large and well-designed with 3 or 5 single bedrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen & lounge and Wi-Fi.
The residence is located in the heart of downtown Montreal, just a few minutes’ walk from EC Montreal. Fashionable restaurants, shops and cafés are all on your doorstep, and access to Montreal’s famous underground city and Metro station is only steps away.
- Distance to school: 10 to 15 minute walk
Note: From 27 April to 3 September this residence is half-board (breakfast and dinner) Monday – Friday in the student cafeteria. Meals are not included during summer. The cafeteria is also closed over Christmas.