Business English Course
Greenwich, Brighton & Oxford, England
ISIS Study Centre’s business course aims to provide the English skills necessary for everyday communication in a work context.
It is aimed at Intermediate to Advanced level students who:
- Need – or will need – English for working in a business or work environment.
- Need to build their everyday business vocabulary and grammar.
- Need a level of spoken fluency which will allow them to communicate in a wide range of Business situations (Meetings, Negotiations, Presentations, Social, etc).
The course includes:
- Intensive Business English covering a wide range of topics such as Management, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources.
- The development of spoken business communication skills in areas such as Meetings, Presentations, Social Language, Negotiations, Telephoning.
- The improvement of written business communication skills, including: Formal Letters, Reports, E-mails, Faxes, Presentations.
- A detailed study of specific areas of business practice relevant to individual students’ needs.
- An individually-tailored programmed Self Access schedule in which students focus on their own learning needs.
- Optional – BEC/BULATS examination on request.
This Business English course will be of benefit for students of a good intermediate level and above who wish to improve their English for their job, who are preparing to enter the world of work, or who are looking to study Economics or Business Studies at university.
All students are asked to complete a short needs analysis questionnaire when they join the class to help tailor lessons to meet their requirements. There is an emphasis on real-life practical situations using topical news, case studies and role-plays to practise the skills needed for business such as writing letters, reports and emails, telephoning, participating in and chairing meetings, presentations, negotiations, networking, small talk and dealing with different cultures. As well as a wide variety of business vocabulary the course also covers CVs, job applications and job interviews and can include Cambridge Business English Certificate (BEC) exam preparation.
See the full school’s profiles for the ISIS Study Centres:
- Continuous enrollment every Monday
- General Course: 20 hours per week (9:30am-11:00am, 11:30am-1:00pm, 1:10pm-2:10pm)
- Intensive Course: 30 hours per week (9:30am-11:00am, 11:30am-1:00pm, 2:15pm-3:45pm, 4:00pm-5:30pm)
- Academic Hour = 60 minutes
- Minimum level – Intermediate/IELTS 4.0
- Maximum 15 students per class
- Business English Course plus accommodation (where applicable)
- Registration fees
- Enrollment letters
- Placement test
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- First text book
- Course certificate
- Internet use at the ISIS Study Centers
See their website at: http://www.isisstudycentres.com/