Why Choose Airlie Beach, Whitsundays?
Location adjacent the Great Barrier Reef, and the departure point for the many tropical Island resorts and national parks, the Whitsundays is ranked in the top three by international and Australian visitors.
This is a great opportunity to learn English while holidaying and diving or sailing in a tropical paradise.
The new modern college building features a café, a student common room with computers and internet access, a video room and bright modern class rooms.
The English Course in Australia Consist of:
- General English Course in Australia.
Business English Course in Australia on request.
- Language Exam Preparation English Course in Australia on request.
- 20 & 25 lessons of 60min per week.
- Up to 15 students per class.
- Native English teachers.
- English school in Whitsundays.
- Accommodation in Family and Student House.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for English school in Whitsundays
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- English course in Australia plus accommodation
- Course certificate
- Study materials
- Internet use at the English school in Whitsundays
- Level evaluation
Students can enjoy excellent facilities at our Whitsundays College. Students have access to their own kitchen, complete with fridge and microwaves, as well as a Student Common Room. the English school in Whitsundays also provides students with access to computers before classes start, during breaks and after classes finish. Students have free internet access. The College is open from 8:15am – 5:00pm.
The new Job Advisory Service is very popular with our students on Working Holiday Visas and Student Visas. A weekly update of jobs available in Airlie Beach & Whitsundays is posted on the student noticeboard each week.
The Whitsundays College of English (SACE Airlie Beach) is located in Airlie Beach on the Whitsunday Coast of Queensland.The Campus is located in a new modern building justa 5 minute walk from public transport, shops and the beach.
- SACE celebrates 20 years of excellence in English language teaching 1987 – 2007.SACE was among the first English Language Colleges to be accredited in Australia and the first independent Language College to be established in Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays.
- All SACE Colleges – Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
- SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialized courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
- Many Australian Language Colleges look to SACE for inspiration and leadership.Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
- SACE is an internationally recognized English language provider.
The English school in Whitsundays is recognized by:
- The Whitsundays College of English is accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme
- English Australia
- International Association of Language Colleges (IALC)
- University of Cambridge (Teacher Training, Cambridge CELTA)
- University of Cambridge (Cambridge Work Experience Certificate)
- TOEIC (Authorised TOEIC Test Centre, Whitsundays)
- Bildungsurlaub (Rheinland Pfalz, Hamburg, Berlin)
- Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE
- Flinders University
- University of South Australia
- TAFE South Australia
- TAFE Tasmania
- Global Net Information Communication Technology
English Course in Australia
General Intensive English Course in Australia
- Intensive Plus30 hours (25 + 5 hours of one to one)
- General Intensive English Course in Australia 25 hours per week
- General English (standard)20 hours per week
- General English part-time17 hours per week
- English in the Teacher’s HouseOn demand
- Private TuitionOn demand
SACE General English programs are designed to improve students’ English language communication skills to prepare for future study, work, travel or career changes.
Core classes concentrate on developing grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation skills in real-life situations.
Afternoon classes, “Special Studies”, allow students to specialise and choose one or two Special Studies from a wide range of Special Studies options. These include:
- Examination Preparaion (IELTS, TOEIC)
- Academic Study Skills
- Business English Course in Australia
- English for Hospitality
- Conversation and Pronunciation
- Advanced Writing / Grammar
On the first day of each English Course in Australia students complete a full placement test before being placed in the appropriate level:
Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced
Students’ progress is monitored every four weeks. At the end of each Term students also sit a Progress Test. At the end of the course students are awarded a SACE Certificate indicating their level of achievement.
A course textbook is supplemented by a wide variety of current real-life teaching resources.
- Course Duration12-48 weeks
- Maximum Class Size15 students
- Average Class Size12 students
Accommodation in Australia
Accommodation is an important part of the students’ language experience. The English school in Whitsundays Colleges take great care in selecting accommodation – homestay, hotels or apartments.
- Homestay Accommodation*
Homestay is our most popular accommodation option.
Families are carefully selected, and students carefully matched with host families.
In selecting homestay families, SACE believes it is important to choose families who appreciate hosting international students. SACE homestay is usually a very successful and happy experience for the student.
In selecting host families, we do not look for luxury and comfort in the material sense but for families who appreciate receiving international students (the word ‘family’ should not be taken too literally; our families could include a single parent or a childless couple who take in students because they enjoy the company).
Homestay accommodation includes 3 meals per day and all bed linen and towels.There is a minimum booking of four weeks homestay, unless course length is less than 4 weeks.
- Whitsunday Student Residence**
The Whitsunday Student Residence is a large, fully self-contained house located within walking distance to the College, beach, shopping centres and bus stop. The house features spacious bedrooms, share kitchen, share living room, share bathroom and share laundry facilities. It is serviced once per week and all linen, cutlery and crockery are supplied.