English school in Hobart
An environmentally friendly Campus, the English school in Hobart offers special English and the Environment Programs as Special Studies for interested students. the English school in Hobart is an active Landcare member.
The College has received a number of awards from the Hobart City Council in recognition of its achievements and services to the Tasmanian environment.
Located a ten minute walk from Hobart City Centre, the English school in Hobart is close to Hobart’s independent schools, university and the delightful harbor area, popular market and cafe precinct and Salamanca Place.
- Situated in a three story heritage mansion, the English school in Hobart’s charming renovated classrooms, self access / computer centre and a student kitchen and common room reflect the warm friendly atmosphere of this former family mansion.
- SACE Hobart campus has a large treed garden, some trees are over 100 years old. In summer students enjoy “English in the Garden”. the English school in Hobart Summer Garden classrooms offer a relaxing and wonderful environmental learning experience.
The English Course in Australia Consist of:
- General English Course in Australia.
Business English Course in Australia on request.
- Language Exam Preparation English Course in Australia.
- 20 & 30 lessons of 50 min per week.
- Up to 15 students per class.
- Native English teachers.
- English school in Australia.
- Accommodation in Family and Hostel.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for English school in Hobart
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- English course in Australia plus accommodation
- Course certificate
- Study materials
- Internet use at the English school in Hobart
- Level evaluation
Tasmania is a quiet, safe, unspoiled corner of Australia. Its people are friendly and hospitable, and there is a unique mix of cultures from all over the world, making Hobart an ideal place to study, relax, and explore.
Tasmania is home to an accessible World Heritage wilderness, dense ancient forests, beautiful beaches and lush, green rolling pastures.
- The Tasmanian College (SACE Hobart) is a nationally accredited English language College, and a member of IALC (International Association of Language Colleges).
- SACE Hobart is the authorised TOEIC Test Centre in Hobart. SACE Hobart is approved by Cambridge University. Cambridge CELTA Teacher Training courses are held on campus.
- All SACE Colleges – Adelaide, Hobart and theWhitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
- SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialised courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
- Many Australian Language Colleges look to the English school in Hobart for inspiration and leadership.Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
- The English school in Hobart is an internationally recognized English language provider.
English course in Australia
General Intensive English Programs
- Intensive Plus 30 lessons
- General Intensive English 25 hours per week
- General English (standard) 20 lessons per week
- English in the Teacher’s HouseOn demand
- Private TuitionOn demand
SACE General English programs are designed to improve students’ English language communication skills to prepare for future study, work, travel or career changes.
Core classes concentrate on developing grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation skills in real-life situations.
Afternoon classes, “Special Studies”, allow students to specialise and choose one or two Special Studies from a wide range of Special Studies options. These include:
- Examination Preparaion (IELTS, TOEIC)
- Academic Study Skills
- Business English
- English for Hospitality
- Conversation and Pronunciation
- Advanced Writing / Grammar
On the first day of each course students complete a full placement test before being placed in the appropriate level:
- Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced
Students’ progress is monitored every four weeks. At the end of each Term students also sit a Progress Test. At the end of the course students are awarded a SACE Certificate indicating their level of achievement.
A course textbook is supplemented by a wide variety of current real-life teaching resources.
Accommodation in Hobart
Accommodation is an important part of the students’ language experience.SACE Colleges take great care in selecting accommodation – homestay, hotels or apartments.
- Homestay Accommodation*
Homestay is our most popular accommodation option.
Families are carefully selected, and students carefully matched with host families.
In selecting homestay families, SACE believes it is important to choose families who appreciate hosting international students. SACE homestay is usually a very successful and happy experience for the student.
In selecting host families, we do not look for luxury and comfort in the material sense but for families who appreciate receiving international students (the word family should not be taken too literally; our families could include a single parent or a childless couple who take in students because they enjoy the company).
Homestay accommodation includes 3 meals per day and all bed linen and towels.There is a minimum booking of four week’s homestay unless course length is less than 4 weeks.
Shared rooms are available for students traveling together.
- Hostel Accommodation**
Hostel accommodation is available in the Hobart area.Most hostel accommodation is based on a shared room basis.