SACE Adelaide – Study English in Australia
SACE Adelaide was established in 1987 and is a leader in English language training. A member of the International Association of Language Colleges, SACE Adelaide is a recognised Teacher Training Centre.
Students enjoy a supervised Self Access Centre, academic counseling and an integrated community connections programme.
Offering a wide range of courses for you to choose from, flexible courses, small class sizes and a balance of student nationalities, SACE Adelaide aims to help you communicate in English as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The English Course in Australia Consists of:
- General English Course in Australia.
Business English Course in Australia on request.
- Language Exam Preparation English Course in Australia on request.
- 20 & 25 lessons of 60min per week.
- Up to 15 students per class.
- Native English teachers.
- English school in Adelaide.
- Accommodation in Family and Student Hostal.
- Planned social activities.
Prices for English school in Adelaide
See the full price list on the schools website.
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- English course in Australia plus accommodation
- Study materials
- Internet use at the English school in Adelaide
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- The capital of South Australia, Adelaide is a multicultural, modern and tolerant city with a wonderful lifestyle.
- Well planned, with a population of one million people, it has earned praise as a world-class center for education, the arts, science and technology.
- An ideal Mediterranean climate adds to its relaxed and friendly environment, and its excellence in the performing and visual arts has made it the Festival City of Australia.
- Adelaide is situated on the coast with miles of white sandy beaches just twenty to thirty minutes from the city center.
- Adelaide is a safe, friendly value packed destination.
- Students can enjoy excellent facilities at our Adelaide College.
- Students have access to their own kitchen, complete with fridge and microwaves, as well as a Student Common Room.
- SACE also provides students with access to computers before classes start, during breaks and after classes finish. Students have free internet access. The College is open from 8:15am – 5:30pm.
- SACE students are able to use the SACE Study Club three times a week, where a teacher is available to assist with homework, or to provide extra help with speaking or listening activities. The study club runs from 3:30pm – 5pm Monday – Wednesday.
- The new Job Advisory Service is very popular with our students on Working Holiday Visas and Student Visas. A weekly update of jobs available in Adelaide is posted on the student noticeboard each week.
Accreditation – English school in Adelaide
- SACE celebrates 20 years of excellence in English language teaching 1987 – 2007. SACE was among the first English Language Colleges to be accredited in Australia and the first independent Language College to be established in Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays.
- All SACE Colleges – Adelaide, Hobart and the Whitsundays, are approved teacher training centres.
- SACE Colleges have pioneered the introduction of many specialised courses in Australia such as English and Volunteering, English and Demi-Pair, and English and Work Experience.
- Many Australian Language Colleges look to SACE for inspiration and leadership. Many Australian English Language Colleges have followed SACE Colleges’ example and now offer courses pioneered by SACE.
- SACE is an internationally recognized English language provider.
The South Australian College of English is recognized by the following organizations:
The South Australian College of English is accredited by the National ELT Accreditation Scheme
- English Australia
- International Association of Language Colleges (IALC)
- University of Cambridge (Cambridge CELTA)
- University of Cambridge (Cambridge Work Experience Certificate)
- TOEIC (Authorised TOEIC Test Centre, Adelaide)
- Bildungsurlaub (Rheinland Pfalz, Hamburg, Berlin)
- Flinders University
- University of South Australia
- TAFE South Australia
- TAFE Tasmania
- Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE
- Global Net Information Communication Technology
English Courses in Australia
General Intensive English Course in Australia
- Intensive Plus30 hours (25 + 5 hours of one to one)
- General Intensive English Course in Australia 25 hours per week
- General English (standard) 20 hours per week
- General English part-time17 hours per week
- English in the Teacher’s HouseOn demand
- Private TuitionOn demand
SACE General English programs are designed to improve students’ English language communication skills to prepare for future study, work, travel or career changes.
Core classes concentrate on developing grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation skills in real-life situations.
Afternoon classes, “Special Studies”, allow students to specialise and choose one or two Special Studies from a wide range of Special Studies options. These include:
- Examination Preparaion (IELTS, TOEIC)
- Academic Study Skills
- Business English Course in Australia
- English for Hospitality
- Conversation and Pronunciation
- Advanced Writing / Grammar
On the first day of each English Course in Australia students complete a full placement test before being placed in the appropriate level:
Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper Intermediate, Advanced
Students’ progress is monitored every four weeks. At the end of each Term students also sit a Progress Test. At the end of the course students are awarded a SACE Certificate indicating their level of achievement.
A course textbook is supplemented by a wide variety of current real-life teaching resources.
- Course Duration12-48 weeks
- Maximum Class Size15 students
- Average Class Size12 students
Accommodation in Adelaide
Accommodation is an important part of the students’ language experience. The English school in Adelaide take great care in selecting accommodation – homestay, hotels or apartments.
- Homestay Accommodation*
Homestay is our most popular accommodation option.
Families are carefully selected, and students carefully matched with host families.
In selecting homestay families, SACE believes it is important to choose families who appreciate hosting international students. SACE homestay is usually a very successful and happy experience for the student.
Homestay accommodation includes 3 meals per day and all bed linen and towels.There is a minimum booking of four weeks homestay, unless course length is less than 4 weeks.
- Student Hostel**
Price includes: Shared bedroom, shared kitchen and bathroom.