SET IDIOMAS is a language teaching center founded in 1999 in the city of Córdoba, Argentina.
We began developing our Spanish Programs in 2002. Today, we offer a wide array of options in an atmosphere of continuous academic and methodological updating, in order to best respond to our students’ communication needs.
All our teachers are native speakers, hold university qualifications in language teaching, and are widely experienced.
Moreover, we deeply care about our students’ academic success and it is a priority for us to offer them a supportive and cozy environment during their stay in town. That is why all of us work closely together to ensure that our students feel at home and encouraged to learn and achieve their best.
Thanks to all this, were proud to say that among our new students, 50% come to SET IDIOMAS following recommendations by others who chose us.
The Spanish Course in Cordoba Consists of:
- General Spanish Course in Cordoba: 20 group lessons
Intensive English Course in Cordoba: 20 group lessons + 5 individual lessons
- Up to a maximum of 6 students per class (Average: 4 students)
- Open to students with any level of Spanish all year round
- Highly qualified, experienced Spanish teachers
- Planned social activities
Prices for the Spanish School in Cordoba, Argentina
See the full price list on the schools website or see 2015 prices here: http://www.learningspanish.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/SET-IDIOMAS-2015-pricelist.pdf
Also, you can contact our staff at any time for a detailed price quote: Contact All About Languages / 1 (800) 620 – 5567
- Spanish course in Cordoba
- Accommodation placement fees
- Level evaluation
- Course certificate
- Study materials
- Internet use at the Spanish school in Cordoba
Our school is located just 10 minutes on foot from Córdoba´s downtown area in a traditional, quiet and bohemian part of the city, which provides an ideal setting for relaxed classes.
Information about school facilities
Our premises occupy a stately English-style house, with large and comfortable facilities:
- a reception area,
- the administration area,
- eight classrooms,
- a teachers’ room,
- the coordination area,
- a fully equipped kitchen for students and staff (with free coffee, tea and the local herbal brew “mate”),
- a students’ lounge with sofas, library and PC with free Internet access,
- Wi-Fi Internet connection,
- a wonderful terrace and a large “patio” (yard) to enjoy class breaks and share quiet moments together.
Besides, a video projector and PC resources are available for classroom use.
SET IDIOMAS is a member of the SEA (Argentine Association of Language Centers) and has also been an Instituto Cervantes Accredited Center since 2009.
We’re also accredited by the Agencia Córdoba Turismo, the governmental entity in charge of tourism and language tourism promotion in our province.
These accreditations are based on strict assessment processes including on-site visits, and certify administrative, academic, advertising and infrastructure standards and procedures.
Last but not least, SET IDIOMAS has been recommended by Lonely Planet since 2010.
Spanish courses in Argentina
The following table summarizes the main features of our group and combined courses (group+private lessons):
- Proficiency levels: Our courses are organized in 6 levels of proficiency, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (A1, A2, B1, B2, C1 and C2).
- Course placement: Students are assigned to a course according to a previous placement test, both written and oral.
- Dates: Courses start every Monday, all year round, except for public holidays. Lessons are held from Monday to Friday.
- Class hour duration: 55 minutes
- Students per class: 3 to 6 (group lessons)
- Teaching method: Our teaching method is focused on communication (speaking, writing, listening and reading) with regard to everyday situations. Although grammar rules and structure are an important part of our methodology, we intend to reach them through inductive reasoning instead of presenting them as a standard to be reproduced by memorization. This enables our students to develop a ‘practical ability’. The communicative perspective demands highly interactive classes and emphasizes the spontaneous and creative use of the Spanish language.
- Duration: At least 1 week
- Hours per week: Standard group course: 20 / Combined course: 20 (group lessons) + 5 (one-to-one lessons)
- Hours per day: Standard group course: 4 / Combined course: 4 (group lessons) + 1 (one-to-one lessons)
- Time needed to speak/improve the Spanish language: A student without any previous knowledge of the Spanish language will be able to take part in a basic conversation on general topics after 3-4 weeks of group lessons (20 hours a week). Students with some knowledge of the Spanish language may achieve higher proficiency levels in less time.
Our courses fees include:
- Spanish level assessment (oral & written test)
- Study materials
- Permanent monitoring of the student´s progress
- Weekly organization of cultural and leisure activities
- Internet access within the school (PC for student use and Wi-Fi connection)
- Free coffee, tea and refreshments
- Library access
- Certificate stating the # of hours attended and the level of proficiency achieved
Homestay*: Good location, less than 20 minutes on foot from SET IDIOMAS. Fully equipped, private bedroom and shared bathroom. Some families host more than one student at a time. Half board. Linen included (and their laundry). Ideal for those who want to feel at home while practicing their Spanish.
Student residence**: Excellent location (right in the downtown area), at 5-10 minutes on foot from SET IDIOMAS. Private bedroom, shared bathroom, common use kitchen, laundry room and TV lounge. No timetable restrictions. Self-catering. Linen included (and their laundry). Ideal for young independent people looking for new friends.